James Dean help??

2 replies to this topic
  • Mr._know-it-all

Posted January 07, 2002 - 11:05 AM

I have a wr426 with all the mods done.Im trying to figure out what needle to run.I foolowed your advice on the 250 but I cant find your specific choice for the behemoth one.I just got an OBELP from my dealer but what is your choice.I know ,I know,"I really should have know" haha

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted January 07, 2002 - 09:00 PM

A little background:

EMN#5, ELN#4.5, EKN#4, and EJN#3.5 are all equivalent.

EMP#5, ELP#4.5, EKP#4, and EJP#3.5 are all equivalent also and match the stock YZ250 & YZ426

All 8 of the carb needles above are extremely close depending on the clip position used.

--------------

For the 400/426 I would prefer the ELN#4 as an all around choice. Secondly, with the ELP try #5 clip with a reduced pump stroke and #4 with otherwise stock jetting.

My '00WR400 ran great with:
#48 pilot
#100 pilot air
1 turn
EKP#4 (nearly same as stock '01YZ426 EJP#4)
#170 main
#200 main air
.5 second accel pump (BK Mod)
YZ timed, YZ exhaust

James

• Mr._know-it-all

Posted January 08, 2002 - 02:00 PM

Hey James thanks for the complete reply.1 more thing on the o1' 426s does the b-k or the p-38 help improve performance?

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Mr. know-it-all ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.