Just bought a yfz450 and looking to set up for the woods

11 replies to this topic
  • upstate

Posted January 11, 2007 - 03:31 PM

Picking up a yfz 450 next week and looking for ideas to set it for woods riding. Durability is key to me. Ideas??

• Sideways91

Posted January 11, 2007 - 05:06 PM

handguards, skidplate, rad guards, theres really no problems with the motor so mostly just protection.

• torqueme

Posted January 11, 2007 - 05:18 PM

Picking up a yfz 450 next week and looking for ideas to set it for woods riding. Durability is key to me. Ideas??

One word ; Rekluse :lol:

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 11, 2007 - 05:49 PM

A YFZ or a YZF?

• upstate

Posted January 11, 2007 - 06:06 PM

My wife bought a yfz 450, I have crf 250r. We both ride limited trail, alot of woods, and some I guess you can call it adventure riding. Keep the last part of the clean side, ha ha.

• upstate

Posted January 12, 2007 - 04:22 PM

What? Because I have "CRF" in my text, no one will talk to me? If you can't tell, I like Yamaha also. I am seroiusly looking at a yz250 for woods or wr450. CRF was a great at the time but underpowered for me, other than that I have not had any problems with the bike. My wife's last ride was a raptor 660 and my daughter rides a ttr125.

If you where wondering why I am in the bike section, I made the mistake of putting this post in the general section, in which I was moved here.

Make sense? as the title states under my screen name I am still a "newbie"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 12, 2007 - 04:44 PM

Don't be so easily bruised. For one, woods riding represents a smaller segment of YZF riders than it does WRF riders, and for another, there have been several such "woods prep" posts lately. People have perhaps grown weary of it for the time being. Try the search function on the keyword "woods" or similar.

• upstate

Posted January 12, 2007 - 04:56 PM

Don't be so easily bruised. For one, woods riding represents a smaller segment of YZF riders than it does WRF riders, and for another, there have been several such "woods prep" posts lately. People have perhaps grown weary of it for the time being. Try the search function on the keyword "woods" or similar.

Just trying to show my "joking side" even if my wife says that I don't have one. My post should read, what I should do to make her ride a enjoyable (fast) and safe ride and not leave us in the woods / woods bike.. oh I am sorry atv, not bike.
I have had several yamaha, honda, and 2 suzuk's. The yamaha seemed to have more of the razzel - dazzel, the honda I like the engineering when it came time for maintence and the suzuki, well I guess I liked the colors??, both suzukis where really picky bikes, temp, fuel, oil, just about everything.

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 12, 2007 - 06:06 PM

What? Because I have "CRF" in my text, no one will talk to me? If you can't tell, I like Yamaha also. I am seroiusly looking at a yz250 for woods or wr450. CRF was a great at the time but underpowered for me, other than that I have not had any problems with the bike. My wife's last ride was a raptor 660 and my daughter rides a ttr125.

If you where wondering why I am in the bike section, I made the mistake of putting this post in the general section, in which I was moved here.

Make sense? as the title states under my screen name I am still a "newbie"

I think the lack of response is because you are asking how to set up a quad (YFZ) for offroad riding. I don't really know anything about quads...my suggestion would be to saw it in half right down the middle and make it into two bikes. :lol:

• upstate

Posted January 12, 2007 - 07:16 PM

I think the lack of response is because you are asking how to set up a quad (YFZ) for offroad riding. I don't really know anything about quads...my suggestion would be to saw it in half right down the middle and make it into two bikes. :lol:

And I thought it was only kids that came up with quick witty comments like that. You know it is a shame, this is my wife's quad, whom I am going to assume don't have the knowledge or experience that you have, and I get her into this forum to expand her ideas on what she likes, and I get a comment like that. Regardless, enjoy your vast knowledge of quads and I will move on.

• MikeDD

Posted January 12, 2007 - 09:51 PM

And I thought it was only kids that came up with quick witty comments like that. You know it is a shame, this is my wife's quad, whom I am going to assume don't have the knowledge or experience that you have, and I get her into this forum to expand her ideas on what she likes, and I get a comment like that. Regardless, enjoy your vast knowledge of quads and I will move on.

Why don't you try the ATV forum then.

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 12, 2007 - 10:09 PM

Whoa, dude! I think you took my post the wrong way. I don't know jack about quads and said so, and that was simply my way of explaining that to you. You commented about the lack of helpful replies and I was just pointing out that this is a bike forum and not a quad forum. If you posted in the 'Yamaha ATV' forum you would find lots of help I'm sure.

Nobody here cares if you ride a YZF, a CRF, an RMZ, a KXF, or a KTM-F...if you got a bike question you'll find tons of help here, but ideally you will post in the forum that most closely matches what you are looking for help with. That way you get help from people with the most knowledge and experience with your particular issue. :lol:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.