• martinfan30

Posted June 09, 2008 - 01:10 PM

Did you notice the date of the last reply before yours?:thumbsup:

• rocky one

Posted June 09, 2008 - 03:33 PM

:thumbsup: sure did :busted: just got bored :busted:

• HeadTrauma

Posted June 09, 2008 - 03:46 PM

Keep in mind that the power bands from other bikes are the standard narrow type. The XRs have special wide power bands that are not common to all the other brands. They come in the same colors, but usually have a "W" designation somewhere in the part number to denote "wide."

I know I'm just perpetuating a dead-thread revival, but I figure someone might still learn something. :thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted June 09, 2008 - 04:40 PM

:busted: sure did :ride: just got bored :ride:

I hear ya. No offense meant!:thumbsup:

Keep in mind that the power bands from other bikes are the standard narrow type. The XRs have special wide power bands that are not common to all the other brands. They come in the same colors, but usually have a "W" designation somewhere in the part number to denote "wide."

I know I'm just perpetuating a dead-thread revival, but I figure someone might still learn something. :busted:

I actually prefer the standard "narrow" type.. In red.

The "W" designation is definately a plus in wide out, desert riding though.

:cry:

• Defesio

Posted June 09, 2008 - 04:47 PM

If the stock is 15:45, and I need more final speed (more street than dirt).

What´s your advice?

• MXJunky

Posted June 09, 2008 - 04:55 PM

And I thought I had Jungle Fever..

You too, eh?

• martinfan30

Posted June 09, 2008 - 04:59 PM

If the stock is 15:45, and I need more final speed (more street than dirt).

What´s your advice?

If you can find a 16 tooth C/S sprocket, try that. There may be some clearance issues, not sure havent tried a 16.

Or , find a 44 rear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Purcell69

Posted June 09, 2008 - 05:18 PM

I went to a 44 tooth Renthal rear in aluminum for the gas mileage, but I have a 42 in steel on the way. I've been using the R rear sprocket and drilling out the bolt holes to 10mm (3/8") vs. the 8mm for the R model. Huffa2 is running a 42 tooth rear in aluminum, not so much for top end, as it is for economy. With a 42 rear, I can swap the front to a 14 to return to stock gearing, mathmatically the same as (15/45) or go to a 13 for off-roading.

-Joe

• rocky one

Posted June 09, 2008 - 05:21 PM

If you can find a 16 tooth C/S sprocket, try that. There may be some clearance issues, not sure havent tried a 16.

Or , find a 44 rear.

don't make a 16 tooth for the 650L...no clearance...like MARTINAN30 said..try to get a 44 tooth rear or the last i heard MISSION MOTORSPORTS was having a sell on the "W" power bands...W meaning wide for the L model....let us know if your having troubles or just give mission motorsports a call..

• martinfan30

Posted June 09, 2008 - 07:14 PM

don't make a 16 tooth for the 650L...no clearance...like MARTINAN30 said..try to get a 44 tooth rear or the last i heard MISSION MOTORSPORTS was having a sell on the "W" power bands...W meaning wide for the L model....let us know if your having troubles or just give mission motorsports a call..

No they dont. The 16 tooth is a Yamaha part and it fits. Hopefully Captain Midnight will chime in, as I cannot find the thread he posted the part number....

EDIT: Found it. The part number is on the second page in this thread...

http://www.thumperta...aha part number

• jonr3

Posted June 10, 2008 - 04:31 AM

This "R" rider found a unique way to carry an extra rainbow wide powerband...

Posted Image

:thumbsup: :busted: :busted: :ride: :ride: :cry: :cry:

• HeadTrauma

Posted June 10, 2008 - 08:27 AM

Didn't take long for the running gag to become just gagging. :thumbsup:

• Defesio

Posted June 10, 2008 - 02:21 PM

Purcell69: Tanks for the tip, I´ve been looking for the Renthal 42(154V-520-42GRSI), but no succes.

Any ideas?

• Purcell69

Posted June 10, 2008 - 05:25 PM

I got mine used on ebay for $10, barely used. The other possibilty is a JT for the R. You'll still have to drill out the bolt holes, but the sprocket bore and bolt pattern is the same. You can also check for a 1990-1995 XR250, as it uses the same sprocket.

-Joe

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.