05 WR450f

3 replies to this topic
  • Howzer

Posted January 10, 2007 - 12:37 PM

Hi folks!

This is my first thread since joining so please be gentle!

I have searched the forum and FAQ's but i was wondering if someone can give me an answer...

I have bought an UK 05 WR450f and i was wondering if i can do the exhaust and grey wire and throttle stop free mods without jetting the bike and will it make a big difference and will it do any harm?

Thanks in advance folks

Howzer (Garry)

• clark4131

Posted January 10, 2007 - 01:45 PM

If the bike has never been re-jetted from the factory settings, you definitely will have to rejet after all the mods including a new pipe. Just use the database to get yourself in the ballpark. It's not that hard once you figure out which circuit does what. A trip thru ThumperFAQ.com will line you out pretty good...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Howzer

Posted January 10, 2007 - 02:07 PM

I thought you can just pull out the exhaust insert???? do you have to put on a new pipe?

Thanks for the reply.:lol:

• davo ttt

Posted January 10, 2007 - 03:22 PM

i done all the free mods except the jetand needle that came with it and the bike seemed to still run sweet later i bought a fmf pipe and then got jet and needle put in but generally if you open up the airbox and let more air in then youget more air out = more fuel =bigger jet. try the mods but dont do the airbox ,its noticable difference eg grey wire+pipe+throttle screw

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.