YZ/WR 426 use same piston?

4 replies to this topic
  • YZ426F Rider

Posted January 10, 2007 - 09:47 AM

I'm ordering parts from the TT oem store to do the top end on my '02 and when I enter the part number from the Yamaha website into the TT oem website for the piston it comes up with the description of 'WR426 Piston Assembly'. Yes, I double checked the number. Do the YZ's and WR's use the same piston?

Also, if anybody has had experience withthis, is it truly the 'assembly' or is it just the piston?

• DrThumper

Posted January 10, 2007 - 01:22 PM

Yes, they are the same. In 2000 they weren't (I think), but after that they were.
If you have questions like this, I always go to a website that has a parts finder, enter both types of bikes and see if the part numbers come back the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha racing 230

Posted January 10, 2007 - 03:36 PM

r u going 13 5 1 high compresion or standard

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 10, 2007 - 04:19 PM

r u going 13 5 1 high compresion or standard

I'm going standard...the bike makes more than enough power for me as it is and I don't want to have to worry about using pump gas and detonation.

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 10, 2007 - 04:21 PM

Also, if anybody has had experience withthis, is it truly the 'assembly' or is it just the piston?

By the way, I called the TT OEM store and they said that it is just the piston and not actually the 'assembly'.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.