what will pass?

3 replies to this topic
  • kev426

Posted January 07, 2002 - 04:56 AM

what pipe will pass the CA db test? i was informed by mr. ranger that they will be doing db test and giving out tickets. he said no way in hell will the white brothers e- series pass :) what will? please help. i dont want to drop another lump of cash to find out it wont pass.

thanks kevin

• Buck

Posted January 07, 2002 - 07:25 AM

What is the required db level in CA? Here in MI it is 94 dbs. Stock will pass, FMF power core four squared with the quiet core endcap passes if the sillencer has just been re-packed. The FMF mega max can reach that level too if it is repacked and disks are removed. I can't remember how many disks it was because it was a while ago that I used the mega max. I have heard good things about the Big Gun exaust. It claimes to be at 94 dbs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted January 07, 2002 - 08:28 AM

My stock '99 silencer w/Thumper Racing Quiet Core was measured at 95dBA - I think the limit is 98+/- 1, so 99 dBA.

Not sure of which aftermarket pipes will pass - good luck.

Brian

• SoCalWR426

Posted January 07, 2002 - 09:35 AM

Heard from mr. Ranger..96db...
Good F#$@ luck..

Socal

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.