Additional rear wheel suggestions...

1 reply to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted January 17, 2001 - 09:03 AM

I have the '01 WR 426 and am looking for an additional rear wheel assembly. One that I can put a dual sport tire on for street riding and then take that off and put on a sand paddle for the dunes.

I hate to think what it would cost to buy it from Yamaha, so what other places sell a complete wheel? What should I expect to pay, 200 bucks, 400 bucks, 600???

Would getting a 19" rear be worth it? I could use my 18" for the DS and sand paddle and the 19" for dirt riding...

Thanks in advance...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tripm

Posted January 17, 2001 - 09:43 AM

I know a few guys that had 17 inch wheels made for road racing. I think they were 400-450ish.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.