'05 wr450 - midrange burble

5 replies to this topic
  • the agent

Posted January 09, 2007 - 01:28 PM

Could anyone please give me some advise.

I have a wr450 which has been fitted with a yoshi pipe and rejetted for baja. It has great low and high power but burbles midrange. I've taken off the smog kit and since I dropped the needle pos to one off the bottom its become much better. It still burbles a little midrange. Im told there is a grey wire that needs to be cut.
Also the new needle seems really thick ?

many thanks

• clark4131

Posted January 09, 2007 - 07:59 PM

My advice is to carefully read the stickies first. I'd bet 99% of what your looking for is in there...SC

• the agent

Posted January 10, 2007 - 07:18 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted January 10, 2007 - 01:26 PM

Try the stuff in the "Sticky" first
If you still need more then look into adjusting your TPS voltage
You will need to do your homework on this one (use search function)

• the agent

Posted January 10, 2007 - 05:02 PM

• Fullbore4

Posted January 10, 2007 - 05:16 PM

Sounds like the burble is from too rich a needle setting. Not knowing your bike, you may need to go up or try a different needle.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.