XR's Rule!!!!!!

12 replies to this topic
  • BRPXL600R

Posted January 09, 2007 - 12:59 PM

I finally got my 84 XL600R back together and XR's Only rules!!!!!! My 101mm motor is nice and tight again, Exhaust system is trick, all my parts are great!!! I will continue to do business with these guys in the future!!!!!!!!! I found comunication with these guys is key!!!!! Kamell is an awsome sales/customer service guy!!!!!!!!!!! I know that many people have had problems with XR's Only and they have definitely been trying real hard to correct the problems and deal with customer issues! #1 in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cbaranski

Posted January 09, 2007 - 01:04 PM

I never really have problems with them either.

• squatpuke

Posted January 09, 2007 - 01:50 PM

Kamell is a good bro.

• rebelventurer

Posted January 09, 2007 - 03:59 PM

Bill I am glad you got your bike all worked out and that I am thrilled your happy with Kamell I was starting to wonder there for a while. :lol: Now then hows that knee? Can you ride now?

• x400r

Posted January 09, 2007 - 04:01 PM

pics of the bike?

• BRPXL600R

Posted January 09, 2007 - 07:47 PM

Bike is going to a friend as soon as I finish with all the little quirks and I am looking for XR650L so I can get Estart to save any more damage from trying to start a bike with my r. knee and I see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow for surgery options. I am going to have XR's Only build my XR650L motor with 103mm kit, cam, jets,rod, the works!!!!!!! I trust these guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted January 09, 2007 - 08:11 PM

Bill, Great to hear the good news:thumbsup: , Any pics..
How about a ride report...:lol:
I have done business with them and had no problems..

:confused: :confused:

• BRPXL600R

Posted January 10, 2007 - 10:34 AM

Digi cam got crushed in unfortunate roll over! Sorry no pics at the moment. I get the bike back saturday from the shop doing final fidlle bits. Will keep everyone posted!!!!

• BRPXL600R

Posted January 13, 2007 - 11:24 AM

Got the bike back this morning and MAN! Does this thing have power from hell!!!!! Pipe sounds great! Makes me wish I wasnt getting rid of it!! Well I hope that when I get a XR650L it will be able to have at least the same power or better with XR's only Big bore kit 103mm kit, pipe, jets, valves, cam and anything else I can add on to the beast!!!!!! My poor right leg cant handle the strain of trying to start one of these so it will be a estart bike from this point on. I am not going to be able to hang with the big dawgs anymore but I can still enjoy the ride and have an ocassional wheelie and mild jump. I look forward to doing business with Kamell at XR's Only soon with intentions of building a fire breathing BRP!!!!!!!!!!! Their parts were excellent and the service was great!!!!!!!!!
Thanx Kamell & gang!!!!

• oldKTMer

Posted January 13, 2007 - 11:55 AM

You may be able to have the best of both worlds!
I seem to recall an E-start upgrade available for a XR600 but can't seem to find any info now.... Maybe it was only for a XR650R, I will keep looking. I am kind of brain dead at the moment

• oldKTMer

Posted January 13, 2007 - 03:41 PM

Check out this post
talks about using L parts to e-start your xl600
also Baja Designs used to make a kit, but not in their current catalog, you might want to call their tech people

• BRPXL600R

Posted January 13, 2007 - 05:51 PM

XL600R is gone to a better home now. I will be in the market for XR650L soon!!!!!!I cant wait to start new fire breathing BRP project! I really appreciate all the help and info I have gotten from all the folks here! I look forward to more info and help from all you BRP riders again with my XR650L project. I'll be looking for late 90's to early 2000 bike soon.

• BWP Jockey

Posted January 13, 2007 - 06:09 PM

I've heard its more the ordering from afar thats the problem with xr's only.I live in Canada & have been sceptical as to order or not from these folks.It's good to finally hear some positive.perhaps i'll take a chance.Enjoy the ride while you have it.

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.