GYTR Flywheel Install

3 replies to this topic
  • torrmentor

Posted January 09, 2007 - 09:56 AM

I'm planning on installing a GYTR flywheel on my new '05 YZ450 and was wondering if someone could answer me this:
On the YZ 250 2-stroke the plastic ignition cover is easily removed to expose the flywheel/stator. But on the 4-stroke it looks externally as if I may need to get passed the oil somehow since the fill hole is incorporated into the engine cover on that side.
Is it a simple pull-the-cover-and-get-out-the-flywheel-puller procedure like with the 2-stroke, or is there more to it????
I haven't taken delivery of the bike & manual yet so I can't really check it out yet on my own.
Thanks all for the advice as to what's beyond that cover....

• grayracer513

Posted January 09, 2007 - 12:26 PM

If you start the engine and run it just long enough to purge the sump (60-100 seconds), you can open the ignition cover with the bike upright and loose only a few drops of oil. Have a new gasket handy.

It uses the same puller as the two-stroke, and the procedure is otherwise exactly the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • torrmentor

Posted January 10, 2007 - 10:57 AM

What about with bike on it's side???

• grayracer513

Posted January 10, 2007 - 11:53 AM

You can do that, too, but there's no need to once the bike's been run for a couple of minutes.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.