XR650R VS Modified Banshee

49 replies to this topic
  • NavyNuke

Posted January 28, 2007 - 10:18 PM

if that banshee gets goin 100+ and it gets wobble the rider is road kill

saw some idiot kid on a 3 wheeler with NO suspension at all do this in the whoops. had some streeet bike motor swaped into it. did a bunch of summersaults right by the vendors at buttercup dunes. we all :ride: when he got up. but then he was kinda hurt so we got the EMT's to come look at him.

Busted his collarbone, and the bike was toasted

• wickedsprint

Posted January 29, 2007 - 07:31 AM

Don't underestimate the banshee, modded those things can push 100hp, and Nitrous is not as uncommon as you would think. However, if it is just modded as you described, you should be able to take it, if you can launch yours fairly well. If the dirt is pretty loose, I would opt for a 2nd gear start, but I'm a pretty light dude at ~160lbs.

• 2000 xr650r

Posted January 29, 2007 - 03:52 PM

So how bad did the Banshee beat you? was it even close?

trash talker

I would bet $$$ that that HRC 650r will kill that banshee. If the banshee is how he described in the first post and with equal weight and equal skilled riders. Its called power to weight. The banshee would have to have 74rwhp to have equal hp to weight ratio as the HRC 650r. Not to mention tourque.

• BWB63

Posted January 29, 2007 - 05:32 PM

trash talker

I would bet $$$ that that HRC 650r will kill that banshee. If the banshee is how he described in the first post and with equal weight and equal skilled riders. Its called power to weight. The banshee would have to have 74rwhp to have equal hp to weight ratio as the HRC 650r. Not to mention tourque.

There is way more involved here: XR65R 8,200 rpm Banshee 10,200rpm Rear wheel horsepower is then same on these two machines tested on a dyno but, when the power comes on and how much of full horsepower across the curve is much different. The Banshee once it's there stays there at full power till 9,800rpm. So, the banshee comes to full power sooner and stays longer. Traction is the other issue. They have 96hp on the dyno banshee's out there!

• steed2

Posted January 30, 2007 - 09:31 AM

this thread is ridiculous ....we own dirtbikes and quads ....not drag sleds????lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Billahjack

Posted January 30, 2007 - 06:07 PM

Sounds like an expensive race. Any results yet? I would have put in the HRC kit and used the stock carb with a 1.5MM overbore and the stock exhaust with a hogged out tip. You would destroy him with your sleeper then tell the guy his 2-smoke banshee couldn't even beat your stock XR650R.

• doesntrideenough

Posted February 04, 2007 - 07:43 PM

any update?

• wcorbett

Posted February 04, 2007 - 09:02 PM

He didnt die did he? i know im so optimistic.

• cr2fidy

Posted March 05, 2007 - 08:12 PM

so did they ever race?

• drtlvr

Posted March 06, 2007 - 03:48 PM

I think he may have passed out from the two stroke smoke

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.