true 06yz450 to 07yz450 comparison

41 replies to this topic
  • Polar_Bus

Posted June 01, 2007 - 04:18 AM

I went out yesterday to my local garbage pit track. I rode my YZ450 for about an hour, and when you ride on a hard, choppy, rutted rock laiden track with many tight corners, having a more forgiving bottom end is PRICELESS. I had a good rythem going on my YZ. I then jumped on my buddies '06 KX450F, and man did I struggle with that bike! His KXF is all hard hitting bottom to mid snap and power. I kept feeling the front end lift and push in all the corners. We also did a 200 yard drag race and he did beat me by about a bike length, but again the other 90% of the time, the YZ IMO is the preferred bike. My buddy even commented he loved my YZ.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 01, 2007 - 07:54 AM

The worst part about the push on the KXF is that it pushes on the way out of the turn, under power. The YZF will push on turn in a little (really very close to neutral between under and over steer), but just a little extra throttle makes the push go away. Overall, it's an extremely easy bike to ride fast.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.