2007 wr450 exhaust

10 replies to this topic
  • 1bddelx

Posted January 08, 2007 - 07:45 PM

What would be recommended for my exhaust? Slip on or complete? Jetting requirements? Brands? Where to buy the exhaust system?:lol: :confused:

• Murray Dorward

Posted January 09, 2007 - 03:16 AM

I installed the Yamaha GYTR slip on pipe on my WR450 '07. It sounds great, looks great and performance much better than than stock delivery bike slip on. Part no : GYT-2S293-01-AQ $449.95. A bit more expensive than the FMF, Procircuit etc.

Good luck

Muz
:lol: :confused: :confused:

• warlock50

Posted January 09, 2007 - 03:35 AM

I installed the Yamaha GYTR slip on pipe on my WR450 '07. It sounds great, looks great and performance much better than than stock delivery bike slip on. Part no : GYT-2S293-01-AQ $449.95. A bit more expensive than the FMF, Procircuit etc.

Good luck

Muz
:lol: :confused: :confused:

Did it slip straight on or did you need a sleeve?

• clark4131

Posted January 09, 2007 - 06:27 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]WR FAQ[/COLOR] ...SC

• SXP

Posted January 09, 2007 - 06:49 AM

Why not just unbolt the entire insert and just leave the spark arrester in? It's not obnoxiously loud (does sound a little tinny though) and I'll bet it makes as much power as a FMF Q. Save that $300+ for something else.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • msgbean

Posted January 09, 2007 - 06:57 AM

Why not just unbolt the entire insert and just leave the spark arrester in? It's not obnoxiously loud (does sound a little tinny though) and I'll bet it makes as much power as a FMF Q. Save that $300+ for something else.

While this might improve the stock stuffed up perforance its just a band aid. If you really want to unleash the bikes max potential you need to buy a pipe. If gutting a pipe was all you had to due for performance the pipe makers wouldn't spend millions of dollars on R&D and dinos to make pipes. They would make tools for you to gut your pipe.

• SXP

Posted January 09, 2007 - 08:18 AM

While this might improve the stock stuffed up perforance its just a band aid. If you really want to unleash the bikes max potential you need to buy a pipe. If gutting a pipe was all you had to due for performance the pipe makers wouldn't spend millions of dollars on R&D and dinos to make pipes. They would make tools for you to gut your pipe.

I'll cede to your arguement for closed course competition with open pipes where noise isn't an issue. However, if noise is a consideration (and it is here in California) and you are considering a "quiet" pipe for recreational riding, then I whole heartedly disagree. Have you actually ridden your bike with with the insert removed - the whole thing, not just the pea shooter? The sound is a little sharp/tinny, but that mellows out after two hundred miles or so of use. My neighbor and I (identically jetted - Indy's specs for our conditions, and with free mods) went for a ride this weekend and his 07 had a FMF Q on it. Qualitatively, the "loudness" between the two pipes was about the same - neither was obnoxious, and after riding his bike I swear if there was a performance difference between his bike and mine, it wasn't worth $400 (or what ever a Q costs). As far as someone making tools for you to gut your muffler, Yamaha took care of that - all you need is one (or two - I can't remember) Allen wrenches which you should already have in your toolbox.

I encourage everyone to give the stock muffler a chance (with the insert removed, but with the spark arrester IN PLACE) before you spring for an aftermarket muffler. You will be pleasantly surprised and hopefully richer in the wallet. And, IMHO it's not a bad looking piece either.

• JSanfilippo

Posted January 09, 2007 - 03:02 PM

While this might improve the stock stuffed up perforance its just a band aid. If you really want to unleash the bikes max potential you need to buy a pipe.

http://www.thumperta...t=Saves big $$$

Read and learn dude.

You can gut the two internal baffles, weld a big gun quiet core (17" I think) to the midpipe where it enters the canister, pack it with silent sport packing, use stainless screen for a spark arrestor instead of the retarded OEM design, put a PMB insert on the end and be done with it.

It'll give you increased performance, and cost all maybe $85

You do have to be handy with a welder and a rivet gun though.

If gutting a pipe was all you had to due for performance the pipe makers wouldn't spend millions of dollars on R&D and dinos to make pipes. They would make tools for you to gut your pipe.

Pipe MFGs wouldn't make the tools for you because they'd lose potential sales of their exhausts.

The WR can is already fairly light and made of aluminum, if you mod it either like what was specified in the thread or what I mentioned you don't need to get an aftermarket pipe

• RSWR450F

Posted January 09, 2007 - 03:49 PM

Leo Vince X3 /only WR250F/ 2007:

http://www.sitogroup...gtmp=&sessione=

RS
www.rsracing.cz

• warlock50

Posted January 12, 2007 - 12:33 PM

Just picked up my new bike and got the FMF Q4 for it and it is very quiet im very happy with the noise heres a pic.

Posted Image

• msgbean

Posted January 12, 2007 - 03:37 PM

If gutting a pipe was all you had to due for performance the pipe makers wouldn't spend millions of dollars on R&D and dinos to make pipes. They would make tools for you to gut your pipe.

I was being sarcastic when I said this. All I know is my 03 with an FMF Titanium 4 pipe had more balls, especially on top, than my 07. And yes I have already done the pipe mods.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.