Driving lights

7 replies to this topic
  • pigryder

Posted January 08, 2007 - 05:45 PM

Ok fellas check this out, picked up a pair of cheap ass lights from pep boys cause I know Im bound to go down sooner or later....later if you ask xr400rider1, the pics are kinda crappy took em with my phone but what do you think? They work great lighting up that dark area around the front of the bike that the stock light just wont do :lol: Posted Image and Posted Image

• pigryder

Posted January 08, 2007 - 05:47 PM

oh and the best part is where they mounted, I took the screw out of the lower tank mount you know the coat hanger that comes with the clarke tank and put it threw the light bracket and back in the tank :lol:

• xr650l bum

Posted January 08, 2007 - 06:24 PM

Like it! How did you wire it in? I think it would be better to mount a different way! IF you ever crash, it would not do good things for your tank. How about using the old brackets coming of the frame?

• pigryder

Posted January 09, 2007 - 04:39 AM

well thats what I was gonna do but the light brackets are cheap plastic and if I tear them up theyre sure to break before the tank, plus they sit in kinda close to the tank and a nornmal lay down wont really effect them much...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pigryder

Posted January 09, 2007 - 04:49 AM

I tapped into a hot wire in the dash, and hiot glued the swicth to the dash and grounded each light to the frame brackets. Really easy and looks clean cause I soldered and used heat shrink on all connections :lol:

• rcnutt

Posted January 09, 2007 - 07:16 AM

what kind of power draw are you looking at. 35w?

• pigryder

Posted January 09, 2007 - 08:45 AM

I think thats about what they are, theres no dimming of the lights at all even at idle

• cntryby

Posted January 09, 2007 - 08:56 AM

Cool man, those are the same lights I put on my girls TTR 90's. They give much better light than the stock XR400 I ride. Mine were $16 for the pair from autozone or wal-mart...don't remember, and use 55w bulbs. The blue went great with the TTR's.

The TTR stator is already wired...they use they same motor in a scooter or something.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.