my new yz400F

5 replies to this topic
  • CRF150Joe

Posted January 08, 2007 - 05:24 PM

Ok guys so i was on ebay and there was this 400F not in that bad of shape but his reserve was 360 and i offered him 400 and he took it so i got it today and its not that bad but it doesnt run. I was told it has a new top end but it doesnt have enough compression to start it like i can use my hand to push the kickstarter down. I have no idea what it can be. This is a project bike so its about to be torn down and fixed up and i want to get the motor working first so does anyone have any ideas or places to start?

• tntmo

Posted January 08, 2007 - 09:31 PM

Maybe the compression release is sticking? Or the valves are way out of adjustment and don't close? That's what I would start with.

• CRF150Joe

Posted January 09, 2007 - 02:36 PM

I thibnk thats what it is

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha racing 230

Posted January 09, 2007 - 05:38 PM

lol dude i saw that 400f on ebay that looks like a good deal

• BergArabia

Posted January 09, 2007 - 05:50 PM

Good luck.
you will have more clues when you open it up I guess..

• CRF150Joe

Posted January 09, 2007 - 06:28 PM

well i opened her up and i did the basic reoiling everything and the little tricks i got a little more compression but not enough so start it for sure. So my guess is that piston rings or the valves by looking at it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.