Rekluse Installation on an 06

5 replies to this topic
  • kxman

Posted January 08, 2007 - 11:44 AM

I searched and read a bunch about the Rekluse clutch. Finally decided to purchase one. I was just looking for any updated information on installation and setup on my 2006 YZ450F. Is it pretty much by the book or did you pick up any tips you would like to pass on?

Thanks,
Steve

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 08, 2007 - 12:40 PM

Follow the instructions exactly (except for my suggestion below) and you will be okay. Make sure you have two sets of feeler gauges and an inch/lb torque wrench handy.

Suggestion: Based on the two that I have installed ('02 426/'05 450) I would go ahead and replace one more of the stock drive plates with the thicker Rekluse drive plate than the instructions say. Both times the install gap was too large and I had to add one more anyway.

• LVThumper

Posted January 08, 2007 - 02:25 PM

Follow the instrucitons exactly (except for my suggestion below) and you will be okay. Make sure you have two sets of feeler gauges and an inch/lb torque wrench handy.

Suggestion: Based on the two that I have installed ('02 426/'05 450) I would go ahead and replace one more of the stock drive plates with the thicker Rekluse drive plate than the instructions say. Both times the install gap was too large and I had to add one more anyway.

I have done it on an '01 426 and an '06 450 and YZ426F Rider is dead on in his suggestion, other than you may have a small issue with the spring mounting clip from your stock bike. My buddy used a grinder to gain a little more adjustment space for his spring. Other than that, follow the instruccions verbatim and you will be a happy camper!! :confused: Make sure you re-check the gap after you ride it once. :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kxman

Posted January 08, 2007 - 04:02 PM

Thanks alot for the tips. That kind of advise is just what i was looking for. By the way, I will be running the perch adjuster. Does this present a greater set-up challenge?

• bluerider31

Posted January 08, 2007 - 04:14 PM

I have a rekluse on my 06 yz450f and I just followed the directions and it was very easy to install. I also have the perch adjuster and the only thing I had trouble with is getting that adjusted properly. If you need help the people at rekluse are very helpful. I have had my 450 for a year now and I have never adjusted it. I have checked it several times and I have never had to adjust it. Rekluse has been the best investment I have ever bought for a bike and I love it.

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 08, 2007 - 04:16 PM

The perch adjuster was a little tricky but just follow the directions exactly and it will be no problem.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.