• Monster04

Posted January 08, 2007 - 02:05 AM

How can i make my 04 turn easyer.
Ive added a storm linkage. is there anything else

• Ga426owner

Posted January 08, 2007 - 07:57 AM

How can i make my 04 turn easyer.
Ive added a storm linkage. is there anything else

what is your sag set at with the Stormlink?

• Monster04

Posted January 09, 2007 - 12:32 AM

its set at 105mm

• BergArabia

Posted January 09, 2007 - 03:50 AM

What about the front tire?

• bg10459

Posted January 09, 2007 - 06:49 AM

Raise the fork tubes in the clamps. The first line under the cap is 5 mm, the second is 10 mm.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 09, 2007 - 08:09 AM

Raise the fork tubes in the clamps. The first line under the cap is 5 mm, the second is 10 mm.

yes this will help also - I believe mine is set at between 7mm-10mm
Front tire definitely makes a difference (michelin Starcross on mine) as does sag and rebound/compression settings..try slowing down the shock and fork rebound a couple for clicks - 2 X H or speeding it up depending where it is set at now

103 - 105mm sag is the range

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted January 09, 2007 - 05:11 PM

If you simply want to raise the fork tubes a couple mm or so, does it just require you to loosen the pinch bolts on the triple clamp, slide the tubes up the appropiate amount, and then retighten them??

I would assume that's it, but before I move mine, is there anything else required to do?? I don't want to have binding or anything.

Thanx

• grayracer513

Posted January 09, 2007 - 06:00 PM

That's pretty much all there is to it, yes.

• flintlock28

Posted January 09, 2007 - 08:15 PM

Thanks gray...just wanted to make sure.

I run the Stormlink also, and it definately helps 03' and 04' models. I've never moved my tubes from the stock 5mm setting, but I just might have to experiment. I'll try going to 7mm, and see what happens.

• Monster04

Posted January 10, 2007 - 02:44 AM

front tire is a dunlop 756 and the forks are 10mm above the clamps.
would the applied clamps make much difference

• flintlock28

Posted January 10, 2007 - 03:33 AM

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that running BOTH the Stormlink, and different offset clamps, can be a nightmare to dial in. Seems to be you have to run one or the other, but not both.....maybe other's will confirm this.

I used to run the 756 up front, and I recently switched to a Pirelli Scorpion Pro (might be called a m-83 also?), anyway, the Pirelli Scorpion Pro does give me sharper turning compared to the 756.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 10, 2007 - 05:40 AM

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that running BOTH the Stormlink, and different offset clamps, can be a nightmare to dial in. Seems to be you have to run one or the other, but not both.....maybe other's will confirm this.

confirmed - don't do it unless the offset of the triple clamps are stock....Applied does have clamps with a offset similar to what Reed was using then that will assist in turning...remember he also had a non stock link from yamaha - totally diiferent than a Storm Link:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted January 10, 2007 - 08:21 AM

The Storm link simply changes the rear ride height, and thereby the head angle by tilting the entire bike. Reed more than likely had a rear linkage designed to alter the rising rate of the shock, as do many other pros.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.