Changing Bars on 450

5 replies to this topic
  • emtrvt

Posted January 07, 2007 - 08:23 PM

I have a 06 WR450F and would like to get a set of fatter (1 1/8) bars. Was looking at the triple clamp and noticed that the bar mounts are removable. But am having trouble finding the bigger ones that will fit the fatter bars. Any one done this change and what do you suggest? Thanks

Posted January 08, 2007 - 09:06 AM

You can use the stock YZ450 mounts, they are 1-1/8" I got Tag Metal bar mounts.

• Fullbore4

Posted January 08, 2007 - 10:40 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beejay

Posted January 08, 2007 - 03:28 PM

You can also get extensions that fit on your standard mounts but it raises your bars about 20mm.

• specialk6r

Posted January 08, 2007 - 04:52 PM

There's always the "trick" (i.e. expensive) route. Scott makes a slick billet upper triple-clamp that accomodates oversized bars. There's one for sale in the TT classifieds for $150. This also gives you the option to easily mount a rotary damper later.

• emtrvt

Posted January 09, 2007 - 06:24 PM

Yeah, looking at getting the damper later. would like the bigger bars without having to buy a new triple clamp. Will call my local shop tomorrow for the upper and lower clamps. Thanks for the input.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.