another SIMPLE oil question....

2 replies to this topic
  • djtroy

Posted January 07, 2007 - 07:16 PM

How much oil does a 2006 450 hold?
Is that 8mm screw supposed to help check the amount of oil in the engine? I remember on old bikes once the oil started coming out of the hole you were full and good to go, but my buddy told me to add 1 full liter and oil started coming out of that hole after only 1/2 a liter. I had some concerns so of course I appreciate the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 07, 2007 - 07:20 PM

You need to read your manual. The bike holds 1.1 qts. with a filter change, 1 even without. The 8mm bolt behind the shifter on the left side is for draining off an overfill after the bike has been filled, started, and run for a couple of minutes.

• FFRacing79

Posted January 07, 2007 - 07:42 PM

I deleted my post because it is what we did with the factory bikes. Didn't want anyone to rip on me for misinformation LOL Tdub

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.