White goop in black vent hose....

6 replies to this topic
  • djtroy

Posted January 07, 2007 - 07:13 PM

Can you guys tell me what the white goop that came out of the black vent hose that runs up on top of the cylinder head might be?
I was changing my oil and I noticed that there was a big blob of white stuff that fell out of the black tube buy the oil filler cap it looked like white lithium grease but i know its not. Could it could be some oil/water combo I recently dumped it in a muddy swamp by mistake.

• FFRacing79

Posted January 07, 2007 - 07:15 PM

Oil mixed with water will make the "goop" you are refering to. It is probably just moisture that mixed with the oil vapor. JMO Tdub

• grayracer513

Posted January 07, 2007 - 07:45 PM

It is probably just moisture that mixed with the oil vapor. JMO Tdub

That is, atmospheric moisture. Most likely condensation and nothing to worry about. To be sure, check the condition of your oil and your coolant. If they are both free of any evidence of contamination by the other, you're fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djtroy

Posted January 08, 2007 - 06:59 AM

That is, atmospheric moisture. Most likely condensation and nothing to worry about. To be sure, check the condition of your oil and your coolant. If they are both free of any evidence of contamination by the other, you're fine.

Yes the oil was black...... but the coolant had water in it :lol: :confused:

All jokes aside it looks fine

• smason8

Posted June 08, 2007 - 04:42 PM

I am having this same thing happen. I was in first gear doing a burn out in my garage, shut it down and looked at the floor. I waspouring that white goopy oil out of the cylinder head vent tube. Is this a problem? Shouldn't there be a check valve to keep the oil in the engine?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 08, 2007 - 09:34 PM

I am having this same thing happen. I was in first gear doing a burn out in my garage, shut it down and looked at the floor. I waspouring that white goopy oil out of the cylinder head vent tube. Is this a problem? Shouldn't there be a check valve to keep the oil in the engine?

Just curious, why were you doing a burnout in your garage. :thumbsup:

• MikeDD

Posted June 08, 2007 - 10:08 PM

To break in his new tires? ehehe

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.