Slow blinkers when cold...???

12 replies to this topic
  • jaredc28

Posted January 07, 2007 - 12:11 PM

I know this is kind of a small issue (unless you're in heavy traffic), but when my bike is cold the blinkers take forever to start blinking (especially the right side). Is this common, any quick fixes, adivce?

Thnx...

• wcorbett

Posted January 07, 2007 - 12:20 PM

It means you have a Mechanical Solynoid(sp?) for the blinker and it takes longer to heat up to send the message to blink, my dad's does the same thing. on my bike its electrical which has a circuit board to keep it steady and not temperature dependent. I'd sugjest getting a electrical solynoid.

• trxxr

Posted January 07, 2007 - 01:20 PM

Where can I pick up one of the elec ones? You need this for the LED bulbs right?

• wcorbett

Posted January 07, 2007 - 06:01 PM

Maybe your local shop? Try a google search.

• SMOKE

Posted January 07, 2007 - 07:36 PM

:lol: change your blinker fluid :confused:

• LumpyXR650L

Posted January 08, 2007 - 02:47 PM

Here is one on ebay. I am going to get one also because sometimes when its cold it takes 5 seconds from the time I push the turn signal switch until the time the light starts flashing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted January 08, 2007 - 03:09 PM

The electronic flashers are avail. at autozone, pep-boys, etc.

Dave

• trxxr

Posted January 08, 2007 - 04:50 PM

Do I need one or two? I haven't looked yet.

• wcorbett

Posted January 08, 2007 - 06:53 PM

One. If you look at the back of your numberplate it looks like a little cylinder.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted January 08, 2007 - 06:57 PM

Do I need one or two? I haven't looked yet.

One flasher controls both sides, so just one.

Dave

• trxxr

Posted January 08, 2007 - 07:07 PM

Thanks, went out and found it.

:lol:

• jaredc28

Posted January 15, 2007 - 02:04 PM

I went to Checker Auto and the one they had that looked like mine did not work. I am ordering the one from ebay.

• BWP Jockey

Posted January 16, 2007 - 06:26 PM

:lol: change your blinker fluid :confused:

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!silly bugger.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.