XR 600 1994 Mikuni Flatside jetting

8 replies to this topic
  • XpT__cpg_33

Posted January 06, 2007 - 11:40 PM

Hi
I need some help jetting a 1994 XR 600 with a new Mikuni Flat side carb ( non pumper) I have a e series pipe and a twin air filter. It runs great but has low power 1/8 throttle to 3/8 throttle off idle and over half throttle it rips.
best idle with air screw 2.5 turns out. I have gone from 20 to a 50 pilot jet. Seems like the pilot jet does not make a difference. I went from 250 to a 260 main jet and that seemed to help. Just makes no sense.
Thanks

• zodran

Posted January 07, 2007 - 12:38 AM

Done any adjustment on the needle?

• XpT__cpg_33

Posted January 07, 2007 - 08:52 AM

no i started at 4th from the top

• daddyk

Posted January 07, 2007 - 09:03 AM

I have one of those from XRS only and their spec sheet calls for the needle clip to be in the 3rd from top groove. That would richen your mixture in the range your talking about. Should be a good place to start

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XpT__cpg_33

Posted January 07, 2007 - 06:40 PM

wouldnt 3rd groove lean it out? I thought lowereing the clip raised the needle making it richer?

Thank you very much

• zodran

Posted January 07, 2007 - 06:53 PM

It's been a long time since I had mine apart, I forget how many grooves there are. Mine came in the middle, and I'm now in the bottom groove. I used to change the pilot, needle clip and main jet for Colorado. Now all I do is change the main. Yes, raising the clip lowers the needle, leaning it out.
You might try the lowest clip position and see if it helps, mine has never hung up.

• daddyk

Posted January 07, 2007 - 09:26 PM

wouldnt 3rd groove lean it out? I thought lowereing the clip raised the needle making it richer?

Thank you very much

Yeah, your right. I should finish my coffee before responding in the morning.Where did you get the carb? Was it suppose to be jetted for a XR? If its clean and in good shape,idles good, runs good everywere else I'd think it's in the needle jet/needle area. I can give you the specs XRs says it needs if you want.

• XpT__cpg_33

Posted January 08, 2007 - 07:48 AM

I got it from Xr's Only. I had this same carb on a 89 XR 600 and had it dialed in wish I still had the manual with all my notes. I will try dropping the clip another notch then it will be at the bottom.

Thank you for all the help!

• XpT__cpg_33

Posted January 12, 2007 - 03:28 PM

bottom clip needle, 260 main, 25 pilot runs great
Thanks for the help

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.