Yam Plastics On XR

7 replies to this topic
  • XR-rated

Posted January 06, 2007 - 05:37 AM

Hey. I'm looking to put a blue Yamaha front fender and front number plate/head light on my XR4. Could someone please post some pics so I can see if it's a fairly easy match up?

• Bent6

Posted January 06, 2007 - 08:33 AM

Hey. I'm looking to put a blue Yamaha front fender and front number plate/head light on my XR4. Could someone please post some pics so I can see if it's a fairly easy match up?

A little more detail would help. What year and model Yamaha? The last fender I installed had to have holes drilled. Front fenders seem pretty universal to me. I doubt you'll have issues.

• tntmo

Posted January 06, 2007 - 08:42 AM

I agree, it won't be that big of a deal. I have WR front and rear fenders on my Suzuki DR350 and it wasn't that difficult.

• XR-rated

Posted January 06, 2007 - 09:56 AM

Ya, I guess I'm not too worried about the front fender, it's the head light thing. Do they just mount with the four rubber straps?

...and it's an 01' XR4 that I want to put it on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted January 06, 2007 - 11:01 AM

I have used the 96 cr plastic on my 98 XR400. You will have to cut the bottom off the front mx fender to clear the headers and get some cooling air to the cylinder. But it should look clean when you get it done. The rear mx fender I had to butcher to fit but it looked good when done. I also had the A-loop kit on it so it looked trick and rode way better. Are you going to put on a mx rear fender and run the enduro under fender tail light mud flap? If you pm me with your email address I can send you a picture of the trick old XR. Good luck on your project.

• XR-rated

Posted January 06, 2007 - 12:23 PM

I just want a blue front fender, head light thingy and hand guards. Fender and hand guards are not too much of a concern. It's the head light/front number plate thing.

These are going to be the tank graphics ==> http://www.xgxracing.com/index2.html Go to Full Sized Bike Graphics and check out the US Pride ones.

I figured with a blue front end with some white sticky stars and some white stripes on the red side covers and red rear fender I would be stylin.:lol:

• Bamster

Posted January 06, 2007 - 01:58 PM

Just spray bomb it but don't get out hand with the paint.
http://www.vintagemx...oach/roach3.jpg

• XR-rated

Posted January 06, 2007 - 02:45 PM

Just spray bomb it but don't get out hand with the paint.
http://www.vintagemx...oach/roach3.jpg

Hmmmm??? :lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.