XR650R setup questions???

1 reply to this topic
  • Rethy

Posted January 05, 2007 - 05:22 PM

I recently obtained a plated 06 and have some questions for those in the know. Between the Clarke 4.3 and IMS 4.7 tanks. Is the IMS really worth $56 more ($169 versus $225)? I will later be adding a fan. Will the fan fit with the Clarke? IMS? Next, skid plate. Which one appears to be the best? From pictures the Utah looks good (3/16th thick) as well as the Moose. Are there better options for skid plate? Gearing thought I may go with 15-46 sprockets. A decent RPM at 65MPH-70 tops is what I am looking for without losing too much low speed tight woods gearing. Any opinions on this? 15-46 or 15-48 or what ratio? I read somewhere to only use the Honda countershaft sprockets, some of the cheaper brands not fitting too well causing major problems. Is that true? Lots of questions I know. Thought this would be better than 1 post at a time. Thanks much for your input-------------Rethy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Robbysmom

Posted January 05, 2007 - 05:32 PM

If the counter shaft sprocket is too strong, the counter shaft will wear...that would be a bad thing. 15/47 is used to race baja and will do 105, so you may not need 15/46. Hope this helps...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.