Speedo drive plastic gear

2 replies to this topic
  • dnscrap

Posted January 05, 2007 - 03:36 PM

Hi I've managed to strip the threads/teeth on the nylon gear in the speedo drive on my WR450 .(04)

I use on and off road so could do with a replacement for when plod is about :lol:

I've searched the forums and titnternet but have found nothing, although I've had a quote from my local Yam dealer trying to sell me the whole speedo drive for £85 !!!!!!!!!! I could do with a cheaper option.

Does anyone know where to buy one from or if the nylon gear is interchangable with other 21" front wheeled Yam's ?

Or shall I go for digital ?

Thanks for your help:uk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bladerunner426

Posted January 06, 2007 - 09:10 AM

I did the same thing and am not willing to pay the 80+ dollars that it takes to replace it. So I have sealed it up with silicone. But I am with dnscrap if any of you know where to pick one up cheaper we would appreciate it.:lol:

• Bamster

Posted January 06, 2007 - 11:13 AM

I did the same thing and they want 135 bucks here in Canada for the case, seal,
gear and worm gear. You would think Yamaha would offer just the plastic gear
but no they want to rape you for the whole unit. I bought a 22 dollar crappy tire
shwinn digital bicycle speedo, that works as well as those high dollar trail tech
speedo's. You can even get one that is wireless.
I had an ad here for a while and got one reply from somebody that wanted to sell me the whole speedo drive unit for 50 bucks U.S. I thought that was still a little too pricey.I was willing to go 20.
If you really want the gear, I see them come on e-bay once in a while.
Good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.