Anybody use a WER skid plate?

7 replies to this topic
  • JDrooster

Posted January 05, 2007 - 01:39 PM

I have been looking at skid plates and kind of like the WER design. Does anybody have any experience with them on WR's (I have a 99 wr400)?

• ncmountainman

Posted January 05, 2007 - 08:39 PM

the ones with the round stock case protectors? i'm thinking of getting one myself:thumbsup:

• C-P

Posted January 06, 2007 - 10:16 AM

The popular choice around this forum seems to be the Utah Cycle plate...www.utahsportcycle.com my '98 came with one and it's taken some serious abuse from me in the short time I've been riding.

• JDrooster

Posted January 08, 2007 - 05:37 AM

yeah, Thats the one, mountainman. I've heard god things aout the flatlands and utahs, but I kind of like the looks of the WER. As long as it's functional. Thanks for the replies.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted January 08, 2007 - 06:10 AM

yeah, Thats the one, mountainman. I've heard god things aout the flatlands and utahs, but I kind of like the looks of the WER. As long as it's functional. Thanks for the replies.

i almost ordered the glide plate version but had a vision of that loop getting caught on small stump and well.....let your imagination go with that:eek:

• WR_Dave

Posted January 08, 2007 - 06:49 AM

i almost ordered the glide plate version but had a vision of that loop getting caught on small stump and well.....let your imagination go with that:eek:

Yeah!! What he said, too many stumps and branches where I ride.!:lol: ---WR Dave

• mudhog735

Posted January 12, 2007 - 01:25 PM

i used wer for years, but when i got my wr i tried a msr. love it! brackets seem to be very strong.

• specialk6r

Posted January 12, 2007 - 07:09 PM

Utah Cycle is the favorite amongst folks that like the pick through the boulders and need heavy armor. There's only been two complaints about it. 1) It's inconvenient to take off for oil changes for folks that remove the smaller, lower drain plug. 2) It looks like a shovel strapped to the bottom of the bike. That said, I've got one on my bike and wouldn't buy anything else.

p.s. If you find a Moose skid plate for cheaper, buy it. They just put their name on the packaging. Mine even said Utah Cycles on the mounting instructions.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.