Curious about a 450

7 replies to this topic
  • dirtbeater

Posted January 05, 2007 - 11:59 AM

I ride an 06 wr250. I would like a little more power, but I love the lightness of my bike (NO Aluminuim vs Steel debates Please). Has anyone switch from a wr 250 to a wr 450, and what is your satisfaction with the heavier, but more powerful 450. I mostly ride tight trails and hill climbs, some logging roads but love the deer trail hill climbs.
Thanks for any info guys :lol:

• clark4131

Posted January 05, 2007 - 03:17 PM

Please do a search on this!!! Not to be a total peckerhead, but this topic comes up about once a week and I'm about to die from the redundancy :lol:...SC

• dirtbeater

Posted January 05, 2007 - 04:05 PM

Sorry, I have searched on the 250 forum and thought it might be biased, forgot to do the same on this forum, my bad, always good discusion though. I like when a newbie comes onto the 250 forum and I can see what everyone has to say. I am sorry for the inconvieniance.

• MountainMax

Posted January 05, 2007 - 04:31 PM

go for the 450, you won't be sorry.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beasly

Posted January 06, 2007 - 05:40 AM

Take a trip to the KTM forum and see what they have to say about the 300XC.

• dirtbeater

Posted January 06, 2007 - 04:58 PM

Ok, here is a different way to put what I was trying to ask.
Has anyone traded up from a 250f to a 450f and had regrets?
I am sure this has been asked, but I did a search and couldn't find this exact question. Thanks

• bullybull9

Posted January 06, 2007 - 05:08 PM

Buy the 450 ,, and you won't be sorry ,, the spot I ride at ,, there is a 15 year old kid that rides a xr650 and throws it around like a rag doll ,, I've watched him jump it between 8-12 feet and the whips it around berms likeit wa an 80.

I take my nine foot chopped and throw it around like a stock soft tail,, you'll get used to it just like your 250 in no time.

Ever see Ricky C throw that rmz 450 around ,, the bikes got 40 lbs on him,, ride it and you will learn ,, go with the 450 .

• pkcof

Posted January 06, 2007 - 11:05 PM

where'd my post go ?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.