IMPORTANT-faulty 07 air filters...make sure yours is not the same.

133 replies to this topic
  • Flytmech

Posted January 23, 2007 - 04:50 PM

Hot off the presses guys!!.....Yamaha has released the service bulletin # [COLOR="Red"]M07-001 [/COLOR]for the 2007 WR450F. I just received the letter today via FAX from Cynthia @ Yamaha 800-962-7926.
The affected part is the Air Filter Guide (Cage). I am attaching the letter I received as Cynthia and SC said it would be ok. I hope that everyone gets this and heads right down to get the problem resolved.
I have already contacted my dealer and they are ordering the part for me today, hope to get it in by the weekend.
YIPPEEEEE!!!!
:lol: :crazy: :confused:

Attached Thumbnails

• Service Bull M07_001.jpg

• CSS9961

Posted January 23, 2007 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for posting. I may be picking mine up tomorrow. I will show this to them.

• wrvdogg

Posted January 23, 2007 - 08:09 PM

I'm sure glad you guys brought this to my attention!
I've only got one ride on my 07 WR450 (32 miles) but did get into some pretty heavy silt!
Definately gonna get that &*#%@ hole taken care of before more seat time!!!

• splitpunk

Posted January 24, 2007 - 05:40 AM

shop says they are going to do a leak test to check compression and tear out air box to see just how much if any dirt sand silt got in. It is a big shop and the owner is very :ride: so I will se what has happened this afternoon. I respect what this man has to say and he will not let me down so I will let you all know how it goes. Because with 321miles on the bike I am a bit concerned:confused: Stay tuned.

• CSS9961

Posted January 24, 2007 - 06:26 AM

One thing to think about is this... If you have modified your airbox by removing parts, you might want to think about putting them back in before you go to the dealership with a complaint. I bet if a shop owner wanted to, he could tell you that your modifications could have caused the problem, and refuse to fix your machine under warranty.

Not sure about this, but it just hit me as I was reading these last few posts.

Good luck to everyone who has ridden their bikes with the hole unplugged.

• 40plusmxr

Posted January 24, 2007 - 12:37 PM

I just called the shop where I bought my bike from and the service guy said I was only the second person to ask about this. He stated that they had not heard anything from Yamaha yet about this so I gave him the information supplied on this thread. Fortunately I read about this BEFORE I bought my bike and checked it before I went out riding. I am going to have to make a temporary fix tonight so that I can go out this weekend.

Thanks to everyone , this was a life saver!!

40Plusmxr

• splitpunk

Posted January 24, 2007 - 07:31 PM

just got my bike back from the shop they did a leak test and compression is up took out the air box checked for residue bike looked clean. The owner of the shop said he was impressed with the power on my bike.and if i had a problem latter to bring it back and they would take care of it. They replaced the cage screen and i went home oiled her up did an oil change and she is good to go. see you at Ocotillio Wells saturday me and the fam...

• 520Roost

Posted January 24, 2007 - 09:00 PM

good for you punk, dont worry.

• live4speed

Posted January 24, 2007 - 09:17 PM

do you know if the same setup is used on the 06

• splitpunk

Posted January 24, 2007 - 10:21 PM

My wifes 06 wr 250 is ok I went and checked last saturday I dont even know how many oil changes I have don but every time we get back from a weekend ride i change oil so a whole bunch I think I would have noticed before but I checked any ways. AOK:ride: :ride: :ride: :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • whooptop

Posted January 24, 2007 - 10:36 PM

just got my bike back from the shop they did a leak test and compression is up took out the air box checked for residue bike looked clean. The owner of the shop said he was impressed with the power on my bike.and if i had a problem latter to bring it back and they would take care of it. They replaced the cage screen and i went home oiled her up did an oil change and she is good to go. see you at Ocotillio Wells saturday me and the fam...

my dealer said pretty much the same :ride:

• WR 911

Posted January 30, 2007 - 11:42 AM

I just got my cage replaced under warranty. Part # 5TJ-14458-00 Service bulletin # M07-001. I received a letter in the mail stating the problem and drove it down to the local Yamaha dealer in So Cal (the name sounds just like a beer name). They tried to sell me it because I did not bring the bike; I just brought the cage itself. After convincing them it would be cheaper to just have to swap the cage one for one and sign rather then taking a mechanic out of the loop just for a simple air filter, they OKed it (DAAAAA!) :ride:

• 04n80Cobra

Posted February 02, 2007 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Dec 31-Jan 10 I rode over 600 miles in Baja on my 07 with 10 other friends. There were two of us on 07 WR 450's. I'd say we will be the "worst case scenario" for the cage problem. I'll let you know how my leakdown test shakes out.

• gregwr450f

Posted February 16, 2007 - 03:09 AM

Bump.................in case someone has missed it.

• sts475

Posted February 19, 2007 - 08:24 AM

:applause: :lol: :applause: :cry:

50 miles and mine sucked dirt. What a engineering F**k Up !!!!

Back to the dealer I go...............

Well, It was nice while it lasted...............

Buyers beware !

STS.

• YamaHud

Posted February 19, 2007 - 10:19 AM

If the intake doesn't have a threaded hole like the yz, (witch it should) just nut-n-bolt it or try using a filter skin. This is for the slow riders, us front guys need not worry so much.:applause:

Wow that hurts dude.:applause:

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted February 19, 2007 - 12:43 PM

I had mine replaced under warranty...took 2 days to arrive. No worries!

• dangermouse007

Posted March 06, 2007 - 07:37 AM

Looked at my spare Cages last night and the 03 cage is teh same as the 07 ( Without the hole), so dealers should just order a new cage from Yammy I assume..

I going to ring mine now...

• Tough Guy

Posted March 06, 2007 - 07:59 PM

I picked up my WR today from my dealer and they were already aware of the Yamaha bulletin and were on top of it when putting my bike together... They seemed to think the hole was an early build problem only.

Chris

• texashart

Posted March 16, 2007 - 10:07 PM

I pick up my new 450F tomorrow IF the cage is the correct one. I'll report back w/ a status and a build date. Maybe we can determine which bikes are suspect by when they were built?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.