top end work

3 replies to this topic
  • tammie

Posted January 04, 2007 - 04:59 PM

Hey guys im replacing my piston and rings and putting in a hotcams auto decomp cam in my 99 yz400f, should i replace all the valves while im in there, on one of the parts finder site I added up how much it would be to replace all 5 vavles/springs etc and it came out to 156 dollars for all the parts not that bad really?? can you get titanium ones like in the new bikes?

who had the 400 and replaced their valves?

• 642MX

Posted January 04, 2007 - 05:09 PM

I would only replace the valves if they are worn. I would, however, install new valve springs and valve seals. And don't forget to replace your cam chain too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tammie

Posted January 04, 2007 - 05:41 PM

thanx i replaced the cam chain a year or so ago when i read on here about them breaking...

• 642MX

Posted January 04, 2007 - 05:45 PM

thanx i replaced the cam chain a year or so ago when i read on here about them breaking...

They don't break, they get stretched and eat the lower crank gear. I replace my cam chain once a year. Its a lot cheaper than replacing the crank half. :lol:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.