CBR wheels on a XR650L?

7 replies to this topic
  • bcone

Posted January 04, 2007 - 08:29 AM

I've seen a few referrences to this but does anyone have any infor or links to the actual process to do this? Things like spacers/axel mods, brake and sproket set ups etc. Thinking of setting up a set for my XRL as street only wheels. Thanks!

• jyz426

Posted January 04, 2007 - 04:08 PM

Im in the process right now here is another link with a pic of my bike and tons of info....

• kelleyseiler

Posted January 04, 2007 - 05:05 PM

If you need info on this go to a guy named Kubiak on Supermotojunkies.com he has the most knowledge I know of on this subject. Here is one of his bikes.

• jmytyk

Posted January 04, 2007 - 06:30 PM

if you aren't in too big of a hurry- I'm doing a write up over on supermotojunkie putting CBR wheels on my 650r - the process is mostly the same, so of the measurements are different tho. i just found a guy to help me out with the machining, then after that it should be all downhill. i'm aiming for the end of the month to be done...

i'm using '94 F2 front and rear, it seemed this was the easiest swap, i don't race, so no need for a 5" rear.

i'm jonnym_xrr over there.

kubiak is the man for doing this swap- he's been alot of help to me. his bikes are badass

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bcone

Posted January 04, 2007 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for the replies! No real hurry, although when I hit the throttle as I got on the free way today my back tire broke loose (bit wet) and I thought "I could use a bit more tire back there.."
I've read the threads but a write up would be helpful.
The f2 easier than the f3's?
4.5 should be fine for me too since this is a daily driver.
What about the speedo/odo? Going digital?

• adam574

Posted January 04, 2007 - 10:11 PM

i did it on the my 03 650r last season and wasn't very happy with them. it was my first supermoto setup so it might just be the way it is but they felt super heavy and that is what i hear from most other people that they just weigh alot compared to the stock wheels

• MindBlower

Posted January 05, 2007 - 06:23 AM

They are twice as big.
I think that's going to weigh more. :lol:

• bcone

Posted January 05, 2007 - 09:17 AM

Are these that much heavier than the 3.5 / 4.5 Supermoto wheels? Sure thier going to weigh more than stock but how about the standard supermoto set up? Seems like the trade off is more labor but a lot less $ than built wheels (true?). Adam574, how much did you spend?

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.