Your height and your choice of handlebars on '06 (or equivalent) YZ450?

I just picked up my '06 YZ450 yesterday and haven't had much time to ride it since I'm en camino back to Mexico. Just sitting on it a bit made me think I might want to get some bars that come back and up a little more. What a bummer as the stock ones seem so nice. I was just curious what you guys are running and what your height is so how about a little poll? I'm 6'0" btw so I'm curious if other guys my height are changing out their bars or staying with the stock ones.

I am at 6' as well, and tried the Windham, Henry/Reed, and RC Hi bends. RC Hi was way to hi for my tastes, the Windham is ok, but I think I like the Henry/Reed bend the best. But I tend to be more of a sit down rider, standing when necessary. I never rode the bike with the stock ones, just sitting on it with those seemed to cramped to me.

I'm 6'0", maybe 6'1" and I like the stock bars on my '06... I pushed them forward just a bit and haven't looked back. My brother has the Windham bend on his YZ400F which are taller and they feel pretty good too.

6'. I've rode with the stock bars on my '06 for a year now. All trails. Sitting down is fine with the stockers but standing is not fun for more than a few minutes. I measured where my hands are in relation to the stock bars in a comfortable standing position. They are about 2 inches higher than the stock bars. I bought some ProTaper pastrana fmx bars which are about 1.5 inches higher than stock. I just put them on a few days ago and have only rode it once. Big improvement for standing and still feels comfortable sitting.

I am at 6' as well, and tried the Windham, Henry/Reed, and RC Hi bends. RC Hi was way to hi for my tastes, the Windham is ok, but I think I like the Henry/Reed bend the best. But I tend to be more of a sit down rider, standing when necessary. I never rode the bike with the stock ones, just sitting on it with those seemed to cramped to me.

I have a new set of Henry/Reed protaper SE bars that I was going to put on my WR but never did. I figured I'd throw those on my YZ but didn't realize they are the 1 1/8" bars. Maybe I can still set them in the triple clamps just to get an idea of how they feel.

This is some good info.....keep it coming.

All these tall people..... :confused:

I'm 5' 6" and use PT SE Charmichael bend ("tall" Charmichael bend??? Oxymoron!). Since I've shaved my seat 1", sitting position feels a little "chopper-ish" (the seat has dropped and the bars ain't), but standing feels good and I mostly like the straighter feel of the RC bars.

Plus, all RC bars come with a special bag of Go-Fast pixie dust that can only be activated by people under 5' 7"...you didn't know that, did you??

6'3" and I have the KX high bend with 10mm risers. I just ordered the ProTaper P3 adjustable top clamp so I can move the bars forward and see how that works. I have an 06 and ordered the clamps yesterday $169. Today I look on ebay and there is an 06 set just listed with a Buy It Now price of $119, figures eh!

All these tall people..... ?

QUOTE]

Yea seriously, I'm feelin small at 6'0". However, I just broke in my bike this morning and noticed how the pegs feel way back compared to my '04 WR450. I'm sure I'll get used to it but I feel like my weight isn't over my pegs as much as I'm used to and part of it may be the handlebars. How do I know how much a particular bend will come back and up compared to stock? For instance, the henry/reed bend....how much up and back will they come compared to stock? Same goes for Windham or others.