2 replies to this topic
  • glabudde

Posted January 03, 2007 - 08:26 PM

What kind of performance improvement could I expect by installing a rickystator? Was thinking about the 200w for $150. Based on forum looks like I could wind my own. :lol: Pretty tight on time these days and would rather be riding than working on bike, but can't stand the dimming between revs.:confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted January 03, 2007 - 08:48 PM

My bike had a 2 coil high output stator on it when I got it. I don't know if it's a Ricky or a BajaDesigns, but they are pretty much the same. Currently, I'm running one coil to the headlight. If I run a 55/65 bulb I get almost no dimming at idle. However, I'm running a 90/110 H4 bulb. I get dimming, but I really like my 110 watt high beam. It makes an amazing amount of light. However, I really want 2 of these.

I had a dual sport kit, but time has taken it's toll. I have only a single turn signal left and the tail light finally broke off a couple of months ago. I'm going to get that all refurbished. I'll use that second coil to run the dual sport kit. I'll also use a decent battery and get a second headlight. That headlight will run off the battery so I still have light when the engine quits. Sudden unplanned darkness sucks.

I think you can get one on ebay for a little less, like $130.

• Desracer

Posted January 03, 2007 - 09:50 PM

Check out Baja's website I changed a WR450 stock from 80 to 120 watts by moving two wires. You may need to get a larger Regulator rectifier, call Baja to see what you can do with your stock stuff. Might save you some dollars.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.