How about a GIANT Thumpertalk union/re-union somewhere in the world?

32 replies to this topic
  • mxcowboy

Posted January 05, 2002 - 08:30 PM

Originally posted by Guy:
:) Sounds wonderful to me!
Any of you guy's fancy YORKSHIRE! :D ROFL!!

Hey guy, We can have it over there and take turns riding your bike so we don't have to ship ours, do you have boots and helmet we all can wear so we don't have to bring that :D

• SoCalWR426

Posted January 06, 2002 - 09:01 AM

Sounds Great !!
Moab gets my vote, plenty of ride area's, logistic's are great, hotels restraunts, supplies, ect. ect.
People from out of the country, like Yamaha Dude, No worry's Mate! you decide to make it your more than welcome here :) if you don't mind riding a XR600.. I'm sure we could get group rates for motor homes for those that want them. Whew! now I'm getting carried away!!
I tried this idea sometime back with Taffy about a bunch of U.S riders going over there, but response was somewhat....Dismal...
But I'm positive this will work!

• DirtFamily

Posted January 06, 2002 - 09:23 AM

New to forum, but Colorado sounds great! Come on out, folks! Rampart Range/Woodland Park get our vote. Also, getting new bikes this year: Any advice on the WR426F vs the XR650R for me?, XR70 vs KLX 110 for a 10 year old beginner? (He fits either bike fine.)

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 06, 2002 - 09:33 AM

It worked out well for the "Initial ThumperTalk Union".

Notes of interest:

We had riders of all levels - from novice to Howard Huge.

We had riders of all temperments - nice, meek, lovable guys like Howard Huge.

We had sexual preference - heterosexual guys like myself to...uuhh...Howard Huge.

We had guys that came out of the closet - like Howard Huge, to guys that went into the closet, like myself.

Bryan Hulse FORCED me to sleep in his closet!!! &%$#@!!!!???
[the closet was the size of a small bedroom!]

We had guys that showered DAILY, like myself, to guys that CONSERVED water, like Howard Huge!!

There was also a concern of ACCOUNTABILITY! If someone should get hurt...will the next of kin find ThumperTalk RESPONSIBLE?? This WAS a real concern, as it should be!!

It fell in the laps of the local guys: Kerry T, Bryan Hulse, Dougie, Kerry W. to lead the pack through. Not a small task!.

If one does not know their way around Moab, good luck! I couldn't have made it. I would have had to stay at the Moab Brewery, looking all lonely and sh*t... :)

I do not know if any extra's exist, but Randy in Canada (Hoser # 1 )filmed the trip, put it on VHS and dubbed in some super soundtrack!

I should watch that tape again!! :D

Hey Howard!! :D

• Hawaii-Rider

Posted January 06, 2002 - 10:16 PM

Originally posted by Bryan Bosch:

Every time I see pictures on TV of Afghanistan, I can't help but think about how good the riding looks! :) Afghanistan it is! :D :D

One minor thing (s) to consider.....

current estimates are that there are in excess of 14 million land mines (faction war, Soviets etc)...and actually closer to 20....
I know that aint much, and nothing can hurt us Thumpertalkers....but....HR is a Combat Engineer.....and from personal experiance with these things for close to 20 years....
you will have to count me out on this one....and if things continue....I will get a free all expense paid trip there here pretty quick anyhow!..

its all good...

• Howard_Huge

Posted January 06, 2002 - 11:40 AM

Kevvie, ya miss me?? You forgot to mention that you slept on your stomach in that closet :)
I am looking foreward to a Thumpertalk reunion so we can get caught up (or was it play catch) I'll be pitching thanks! :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted January 06, 2002 - 02:47 PM

Kev you're killin' me!!! :) :D :D :D

• cyclebob25168

Posted January 06, 2002 - 02:55 PM

East coast and West coast reunion sounds more like what people want.I vote for Hatfield and mcCoy trials on the East coast :)

There I go again advertising West Virginia :D

• Bill

Posted January 06, 2002 - 03:42 PM

There will be the second annual EAST Coast ride this spring (June). I held a two day ride last year, we (Kev in NH, mike68, mcarp, npuza, sbohannon and angrycandy) had one day of MX and another of trails. We also got treated to mike venison chili, drank a few labels for mikes bike and watched Kevin jet his bike :)

This year I hope to have access to a track, that we can ride all to ourselves.

Stay tuned

Posted January 06, 2002 - 04:15 PM

Kev, Howard,

Man....I don't know about this. I read about Kevins film with some cheap dubbed in sound and them go and read Howards closet confessions. It can only make me wonder what kind of riding you were doing out there. Also, what kind of movie XXX. :)

Pete :D

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted January 06, 2002 - 06:40 PM

Wait a minute.... Kevin, I'd swear you were the one conserving water - that riding gear of your's reeked :)

As far as Kevin & Huge go, I think Mike in Silicon Valley might be getting a little jealous now that the secrets out. Huge must of been real quite when he snuck out of his & Mike's one bed 'cabin' each night to meet Kevin in his closet :D

I like Colorado - say maybe Crested Butte?

• Guy

Posted January 07, 2002 - 08:03 AM

:) EErrr... you know having read all this, I've just consulted my diary...and do you know? I

• blackie

Posted January 07, 2002 - 12:22 PM

If anyone is interested in Moab, UT, then we need to think about sometime like Memorial Day or Easter weekend. The weather is pretty hot in July and it is more scenic in the spring.

Of course Moab offers a variety of trails that are great for beginners to experts. Most of the trails that a motorcycle can go on is accessible by any level of rider. I've dragged my wife on some pretty technical stuff (Poison Spider Mesa) on her XR200 and she did well.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.