How about a GIANT Thumpertalk union/re-union somewhere in the world?

32 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted January 04, 2002 - 02:25 PM

For you guys that weren't around, Fall of 2001 saw some of us TT'ers meet in Moab, Utah for a 4 day ride. For me, it was quite an experience! If you have never seen Moab, punch it up on your search engine or if you have webshots loaded into your PC, use the search there.

How many showed up Guys...something like ~50??

I was thinking today about Sturgis, SD; Daytona, FL Bike Week; Louden, NH Bike Week.

Wouldn't something like that be super slick for ThumperTalk?!

Maybe we could invite manufacturers to come out to strut their stuff, Distributors, Suspension shops...the list could be endlesss!!

How COOL!! :D OFFROAD BIKE WEEK!! :)

Just a thought...

• TW

Posted January 04, 2002 - 02:42 PM

I agree with you Kevin, we should have a ride somewhere. Colorado would be good since it's centrally located, but I'm up for about anywhere. Should become an annual Thumpertalk reunion.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted January 04, 2002 - 03:01 PM

Steve and I have been thinking about this lately. Colorado would be a fine place. Let's form a Spod Fest committee. We definately would needs some help from our members, given our daily work-loads. If you'd like to participate, email me at bryan.bosch@thumpertalk.com and we'll start the brain-storming! :)

• Dodger

Posted January 04, 2002 - 03:57 PM

Yo;

This is easy for me, I think Colorado would be an awsome place to gather. Infinite places to roost, Taylor Park, Rabbit Valley, Fruita just for some obvious ideas. Then there is always the rocky mountains!! Alright, I'll shut up.

I don't really have a problem with Sturgis/Black Hills either, I grew up in South Dakota. There are some cool places to ride in the Black Hills, and especially out towards the bad lands.

Where ever it is, I'm totally in :) .

Late

• yamaha.dude

Posted January 04, 2002 - 04:21 PM

Nice Idea, the Annual World Thumper Conference... Demos from amufacturers, suppliers, top riders... Only problems for me are:

1. accomodation... who is going to billet (no pun intended) me and the kids?

2. Who is going to lend me a decent bike - no 125cc 2-smokes thanks... Any dealers giving extended test rides out there... LOL

You guys are always welcome to consider the wide open spaces downunder for a nice change... some nice desert and tropical tours... we also have hills and stuff, not quite like Colorado though... Good exchange rate to get value for your money... Think how cheap beer would be... :)

Keep me in the loop...

David

• blackie

Posted January 04, 2002 - 05:17 PM

How about Fruita,CO; Moab or San Rafael Swell, UT; or Sadona, AZ. What time of year would such an event take place?

By the way, we are going to be in Moab on January 19 and 20 if anyone wants to meet. It will be a little chilly, but there won't be anyone on the trails! I was planning on a Seventh Mile Rim, Monitor and Merrimac, Tusher Canyon loop on Saturday and Poison Spider Mesa on Sunday.

John

• WRFUN

Posted January 04, 2002 - 05:59 PM

I just said the same thing on a Chistmas thread I'm in.....

Pete :)

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted January 04, 2002 - 06:05 PM

The Ocala National Forest is very close-less than an hour's drive- to Daytona. Just a thought...

• Tree_hugger

Posted January 04, 2002 - 06:07 PM

Was that North Hollywood Kevin?
This is just my opinion, but wouldn't be fair to Mitch, Taff, Guy and that new guy from the Philippians to have the TT conference in a central place. Say some where that has mountains and desert with allot of crators and rocks, maybe some caves. No greenies to bother you. No park rangers to write citations for your loud exhaust. And for you smokers, nobody will complain .
Looks like the bestplace would be...........
Afghanistan.
Now isn't that worth 2 cents? :)

• Bryan Bosch

Posted January 04, 2002 - 08:13 PM

Originally posted by Tree hugger:
Was that North Hollywood Kevin?
This is just my opinion, but wouldn't be fair to Mitch, Taff, Guy and that new guy from the Philippians to have the TT conference in a central place. Say some where that has mountains and desert with allot of crators and rocks, maybe some caves. No greenies to bother you. No park rangers to write citations for your loud exhaust. And for you smokers, nobody will complain .
Looks like the bestplace would be...........
Afghanistan.
Now isn't that worth 2 cents? :D

Every time I see pictures on TV of Afghanistan, I can't help but think about how good the riding looks! :) Afghanistan it is! :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted January 04, 2002 - 09:05 PM

Scott F said it best a couple of weeks ago....Offroadistan :)

Ernie

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted January 05, 2002 - 02:52 AM

BAJA................. :) :D :D
No Policia, maybe mix in some scuba (lobster!!!, scallops!!!). Sun, beer, beaches, beer........

Mike

• Howard_Huge

Posted January 05, 2002 - 03:47 AM

My mother in law has a place 10 miles north of San Felipe. I am going there for Easter (some time in April) if anyone would be interested in trying Baja let me know. It would be good to have someone to ride with. I plan on doing a trip up to Mikes Sky Ranch and the riding around her house is excellent.

HUGE

• WRFUN

Posted January 05, 2002 - 04:44 AM

Bryan,

Would this trip to Afghanistan be BYOB, or maybe the suppliers can cover this cost. Of course I meen Bring Your Own Bombs....not beer. I can afford the beer. I hope we can find a place that would makes everyone happy and all skill levels. :)

Thanks,

Pete :D

• MX_Tuner

Posted January 05, 2002 - 05:28 AM

That's always been an issue. Finding somewhere that has woods for the WR type guys and a decent moto track for the YZ type guys.

The next hurdle is finding somewhere that most of the working class can get to relatively quickly and still be back at work on Monday morning. Personally, I can't go more than about 6 hours from Atlanta. That means Utah is out for me.

Ocala sounds interesting....

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted January 05, 2002 - 05:55 AM

There's loads of places to ride in the Ocala N.F. (300K+ acres) for WR types and there's a MX track located near the city of Ocala. Here's a link to its web site.

Come on down! (Except during hunting season from mid-November to mid-January.)

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Rich in Orlando ]

• blackie

Posted January 05, 2002 - 06:03 AM

I agree with the working class statement and locality. Maybe we need to consider two TT reunions. A west coast and an east coast reunion with some video and picks to share each of the groups experience.

Just a thought.

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 05, 2002 - 12:46 PM

something about FL:

If someone decides to fly to FL OR bring the family along so not just YOU gets to have fun, airfare is MUCH cheaper to FL due to Disney and phenominal airfares!!

• mxcowboy

Posted January 05, 2002 - 01:24 PM

should make it around a holiday like july 4th so we can have extra days off work, I take off the whole week anyway to go to colorado to ride and enjoy the senery which is great.

• Guy

Posted January 05, 2002 - 02:17 PM

:) Sounds wonderful to me!
Any of you guy's fancy YORKSHIRE! :D ROFL!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.