whats your favorite tire combo?

24 replies to this topic
  • ccie2be

Posted January 03, 2007 - 07:31 PM

I know the tires I use make me feel more confident on the bike(952 front and rear). Just curious if anyone else feels that way.

• 642MX

Posted January 03, 2007 - 08:35 PM

A good set of tires make a big difference. I'm sticking with Pirelli's, they do inspire confidence when I ride.

• YZfamily

Posted January 03, 2007 - 09:13 PM

Maxxis- maxxcross on the front, IRC-M5B on the rear!

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 03, 2007 - 10:02 PM

Michelin S-12 on the front all year. On the back I will run anything from a Dunlop 773, Michelin S-12, Dunlop D952, to my most recent available option (thanks to getting an 18" WR wheel) an IRC trials tire. All depends on time of year and where I'll be riding.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 03, 2007 - 10:59 PM

Best all around for me in the mountains, high plains and climbing has been IRC VE tires. They work everywhere so far and give me confindence. :lol:

• red7

Posted January 03, 2007 - 11:44 PM

I know the tires I use make me feel more confident on the bike(952 front and rear). Just curious if anyone else feels that way.

Ditto on the 952s both front and rear. They also last a long time even on the road.

• JRAMBO

Posted January 03, 2007 - 11:50 PM

Pirelli's here too.GREAT tires GREAT price!

• Ga426owner

Posted January 04, 2007 - 06:15 AM

Michelin Starcross MS3.....the best combo for GA/AL MX

• ncmountainman

Posted January 04, 2007 - 06:55 AM

bridgestone ED/11 fnt---trelleborg TENMASTERS grn stripe RR,paired with MOOSE HD natural rubber tubes is the best combo for strength,traction,and durability i've yet to try for eastern HS:thumbsup: :lol:

• Wyatt

Posted January 04, 2007 - 09:31 AM

I like the Dunlop 756's for where I ride. A 773 rear is awesome in the sand, but not as good for all conditions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 04, 2007 - 10:27 AM

I like what you like. The 952 is a very impressive tire at either end, not only in terms of how well it bites and corners, but in the range of soils it works well in. Wears very well, too. :lol: :confused:

• WFOracer

Posted January 04, 2007 - 10:39 AM

A good set of tires make a big difference. I'm sticking with Pirelli's, they do inspire confidence when I ride.

have you seen pirelli's free front tire offer....with the purchase of the rear?

http://www.mx.getpir....com/home1.html

• 642MX

Posted January 04, 2007 - 10:42 AM

bridgestone ED/11 fnt---trelleborg TENMASTERS grn stripe RR,paired with MOOSE HD natural rubber tubes is the best combo for strength,traction,and durability i've yet to try for eastern HS:thumbsup: :lol:

I didn't know you could still get Trelleborgs? I used to use them probably 10 years ago. They where awesome tires. :confused:

• ncmountainman

Posted January 04, 2007 - 02:52 PM

I didn't know you could still get Trelleborgs? I used to use them probably 10 years ago. They where awesome tires. :lol:

they are available from Works Enduro Rider(W.E.R.) ain't cheap though($85)but they last twice as long as any other tire i've ever tried,grip well on about everything wet or dry (they give up a little on dry hardpack) and what really amazes me is that they grip until they are wore slap out:thumbsup: they are now made by Mitas tire co. in czech republic (or sumthin'like that) anyhow they kept the same mold/dies and use the same rubber compounds:thumbsup:

• Kyle Prior

Posted January 04, 2007 - 02:54 PM

Im a fan of the Maxxis ITs front and rear.

• tmauto69

Posted January 04, 2007 - 04:46 PM

I like the 952's on hard/rocky surfaces, and I like the Michelin MS-3's for soft/muddy surfaces. But if I had to pick one, it would be the MS-3's

• flintlock28

Posted January 04, 2007 - 06:46 PM

Hey regarding that promotion, has anybody done it??

I'm awful leery of giving my credit card info to Pirelli, so that they can ship my tire....almost looks like a bogus website to get credit card info.

• TexN343

Posted January 04, 2007 - 06:59 PM

It doesn't have that security lock symbol so I wouldn't do it. It's not encrypted.

• flintlock28

Posted January 04, 2007 - 07:01 PM

Yeah, I wanna know for sure because if it's legitimate, I just recently purchased a MT-16 rear, and I qualify to get a Scorpion Pro.

• SpeedyR

Posted January 04, 2007 - 07:05 PM

Hey regarding that promotion, has anybody done it??

I'm awful leery of giving my credit card info to Pirelli, so that they can ship my tire....almost looks like a bogus website to get credit card info.

there's been quite a few people from the KTMTalk site that have done it, not to mention a few thousand of street bike tires they've given away in the past year or two.

the second page is where you put in the CC info and it's secure.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.