06 WR450 Stock Shock Questions

5 replies to this topic
  • FOZZ

Posted January 03, 2007 - 06:54 PM

Im sending my stock suspension out to Race Tech for a SMoto tune & I got 2 question about the stock rear shock..

1. Is the 06 WR450 spring titanium ?

2. What is the spring rate ?

Im pretty sure its Ti so I hate to replace it with a cheaper steel spring - Im 175 w/o gear so I dont know if it will work for me...:confused:

Thanks Fellas

* Searched but didnt find anything specific...:lol:

• NavyNuke

Posted January 03, 2007 - 08:19 PM

you will want a stiffer spring, little bit of weight savings will be worth less than having the right spring rate. fork springs, and shock spring are the two best mods I've done to my 06

• 05BlackTaco

Posted January 30, 2007 - 10:00 PM

Hey guys, I ride a 06 wr450 and was wondering if my suspension is too soft for my size and weight. I am 6'2 and weigh around 200 pounds on with all my gear. Do I need to tighten up my springs to make them more stiff? My front suspension feels a little soft but am not sure since this is my first bike. I have had this bike for about a year and don't really know anything about suspension systems, only know how to ride. Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted January 30, 2007 - 10:07 PM

5.8 in the rear, .48 in the front w/ 5 oz fork oil. These are Racetech rates I'm using. Set your sag first and see how far you're off. Look in the tech section for how to do it...SC

• 05BlackTaco

Posted January 30, 2007 - 10:09 PM

hey thanks a lot man, that was fast!

• Thumper_426

Posted January 31, 2007 - 01:14 AM

Excellent topic. I wondered about my springs as well on my '06 WR450F. Rear seams very soft, looks like another Race Tech set up again for this bike of mine. I only have 306 miles on mine though, I tightend up the rear by 2 full clicks, no difference at all after a day of hard riding.
Mark
'06 WR450F free mods for now :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.