K&N Airfilter XR650r

9 replies to this topic
  • Beelzeboss

Posted January 03, 2007 - 02:04 PM

Has anyone tried the KN airfilter for the BRP? I`m looking to replace my original foamfilter with something more "Breathable".
I use a KN on my Vette but that car dont see gravel,dirt and mud like the BRP does so i`m abit worried that it might not work as good as the Foamfilter.
Any input in this matter?:lol:

• simon@vic

Posted January 03, 2007 - 02:35 PM

"Car style" K&Ns are a bad idea for dirtbikes!!!

look for somthing else.

• HawkGT

Posted January 03, 2007 - 03:48 PM

In all the desert dust I ride through, no way I'd run a K&N. The XR650R's airbox has enough sealing challenges as it is. If I only rode alone through an always damp forest, maybe I'd be allright with a K&N.

• frankstr

Posted January 03, 2007 - 06:57 PM

Use a Uni filter....:lol: :confused:

:confused: :crazy:

• 2000 xr650r

Posted January 04, 2007 - 05:29 AM

I seen fine dust in air box while useing a properly oiled k&n like many others. I switched to UNI. Also there is a search feature at the top of ever fourm. This has been covers several times.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motopsycho650

Posted January 07, 2007 - 05:31 AM

Use a Uni, or a TwinAir power-flow kit. I personally like/use the TwinAir power-flow kit, it is a bit more pricey, but it's made with better, long-lasting quality.

P.S. I had a K&N for my 650R. I didn't have any problems until the 8-10th cleaning. After that, I found the slightest layer of dust film inside my air box. That's not cool, so I went with the power-flow kit.

TwinAir Power-Flow Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• willnevergrowup

Posted January 07, 2007 - 06:41 AM

Use a Uni, or a TwinAir power-flow kit. I personally like/use the TwinAir power-flow kit, it is a bit more pricey, but it's made with better, long-lasting quality.

P.S. I had a K&N for my 650R. I didn't have any problems until the 8-10th cleaning. After that, I found the slightest layer of dust film inside my air box. That's not cool, so I went with the power-flow kit.

TwinAir Power-Flow Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Okay...I did a google search for this particular air filter and came up with a wide variety of pricing...this one being the best

http://www.btosports.com/p/TWINPOWER

Does that sound right and is that the whole thing? Just curious because I seen prices as high as $200.

Thanks for any help!

• cajun

Posted January 07, 2007 - 07:05 AM

Okay...I did a google search for this particular air filter and came up with a wide variety of pricing...this one being the best

http://www.btosports.com/p/TWINPOWER

Does that sound right and is that the whole thing? Just curious because I seen prices as high as $200.

Thanks for any help!

Check this out. http://www.chaparral...t=false&GiftID=

• motopsycho650

Posted January 07, 2007 - 07:12 AM

Here's a little cheaper.
http://www.chaparral...t=false&GiftID=

Yes, 40-50 bucks is correct for the 650R kit. The cage it comes with is rubber coated steel. Most of their other kits use anodized aluminum cages (much pricer to produce).

Chaparral was back-ordered for me, but it got here inside of two-weeks. I ordered 2 full kits. Because of my cut out side panel, I get a lot of dirt.

• Beelzeboss

Posted January 07, 2007 - 07:41 AM

I`ve also read on some Swedish forums that some riders has problems with the KN filter during the winter.
They have had problems with the filter freezes and starvs the engine of air?:lol:
Looks like the concensus of all the threads ive read says and points towards a foamfilter,TwinAir,UNI or HiFiltro seems like a safe bet:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.