Need good tune up mechanic in So Cal

7 replies to this topic
  • Corky43

Posted January 02, 2007 - 03:33 PM

Anyone know of a good "tune up" mechanic in So Cal? Got my son an 02-WR426 and want to get the mods done, new exhaust and re-jet.

A couple of years ago I had local dealers do my 03-WR450 but the 2 dealers I went to couldn't tune it correctly. Finally had is done by a guy in Vegas and it screams! Unfortunately he moved to Nor-Cal.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted January 02, 2007 - 07:44 PM

Corky,

If you are remotely familiar with how to operate a socket wrench and a screw driver, then you should try to do the mods yourself.

I followed the instructions on this forum and did mine. It was super easy. It also taught me several things about the bike so I can deal with it if something goes wrong. I wasn't trying to necessarily save money, I was trying to save time.

I now think absolutely nothing of taking the 20 minutes (or less) to adjust the clip on my carb needle or to try a different jet. I even keep two different inserts for my exhaust that I swap out on occasion.

The point is... if I can do it, then anyone can.

• TuningFork426

Posted January 02, 2007 - 08:58 PM

he moved to nor cal great! where at? i should have him tune mine.

• Chooch68

Posted January 02, 2007 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, if you got the manual, or buy one if you dont, do it yourself. Its really not that complicated. And if you still need a mechanic, I've had good luck with Hahm Motorsports. The service manager races desert and is on the rescue crew as well and really likes helping off-roaders. His name is Mark Hayes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Corky43

Posted January 03, 2007 - 03:30 PM

Having the time is my problem. Too busy these days. I have a hard enough time trying to break free to ride. Not sure where the guy moved to specifically. My brother is going to Vegas this weekend and will try to find out his address.

Might try Hahm, haven't tried him yet. Just very wary of dealers from my WR450 fiasco.

Someone good with tune-ups would really rake in the money in my area.

• FPMXer

Posted January 07, 2007 - 10:38 PM

Check your PM box.

• Seabass

Posted January 08, 2007 - 03:13 PM

Having the time is my problem. Too busy these days. I have a hard enough time trying to break free to ride. Not sure where the guy moved to specifically. My brother is going to Vegas this weekend and will try to find out his address.

Might try Hahm, haven't tried him yet. Just very wary of dealers from my WR450 fiasco.

Someone good with tune-ups would really rake in the money in my area.

From racing in the So Cal desert I've heard good things about Hahm and their service Dept., but fortunately I haven't needed to use them. I'd say take a weekend day all to yourself and go for it. I did mine and now I'm a regular Mr Goodwrench.:lol:

• vavoom

Posted January 08, 2007 - 10:24 PM

Try Tokyo Mods in South Orange County. I've heard good things about his shop and have a friend that had his bike tuned there and loves it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.