94 Xr650l part out or sell in 1 peice?

10 replies to this topic

Posted January 02, 2007 - 03:02 PM

Well I have a 1994 xr 650l that i have supermotarded and now I want to sell it. The only problem is that I have so much time in money in it that if I sell it as it sits I would loose my a**. So my question is have any of you guys had very much luck parting out these bikes and is there a very big market for all the goodies that I have added? Thanks

• cleonard

Posted January 02, 2007 - 06:27 PM

There is a great place for parting out your bike.

• bcone

Posted January 02, 2007 - 07:54 PM

If you saved the original parts your better off selling the chi chi stuff on ebay and putting the bike back to near stock. Individual parts tend to go for more off the bike than with it. My2c PS How much for the wheels?

• wheelnut46

Posted January 02, 2007 - 08:42 PM

Yeah money is money but it's a damned shame to see a perfectly good bike ripped apart.

• bcone

Posted January 02, 2007 - 08:48 PM

True Dat! And of course you will never get anywere close to all your $ out. Find a buddy who needs a bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted January 03, 2007 - 03:56 PM

I was thinking 1000 dollars for the wheels. That is a factory hub powder coated red, bucanan spokes and black rim, pilot power tires with 75% tread. If some one wanted the rotors ( galfer wave rotors ) with the rims I was thinking 1200. Is that a good price?

• rebelventurer

Posted January 03, 2007 - 04:22 PM

You can buy new billet hubs and excell rims in your choice of colors F & R for a $1000! Best bet is to return bike to stock, sell bike, then sell all the tard parts on ebay. Sell the brakes separately from rims, same with sprocket. you will make more money, by maximizing the amount of parts. Someone wants brakes but not wheels and vice versa. rims with stock hubs about $300-350 each tops. Yep, its a shame to part out a bike but most likely the best way to get the max return on your investment.

• MindBlower

Posted January 04, 2007 - 06:05 AM

Don't forget to include the major PITA factor of parting a bike out! Dealing with the buyers, boxing up, and especially shipping out the parts will take REAL time and a lot of hassle. Going to UPS a couple of times a week is no fun. Neither is having a disassembled motorcycle sitting around taking up space. Heck, just getting decent boxes to ship in will get old. It will take a year to sell off all the parts, if you are lucky. PITA!

Posted January 04, 2007 - 08:57 AM

Actually I work at a motorcycle dealership and I can give the parts to my shipping and receiving lady and she does the rest and just lets me know what I owe her for shipping so its not that big a deal. Also I actually enjoy dealing with people that have the same interest that I do.

• j5hunter

Posted January 04, 2007 - 11:21 AM

DO NOT PART IT OUT. This comes from someone that does all I can to keep my bikes running. It is hard to find a good pig these days and taking one apart just seems wrong. Take off the extras and ebay them away and sell the bike whole.

• frankstr

Posted January 04, 2007 - 05:55 PM

If your going to sell the bike or parts.
Put it on the classifieds here on Thumpertalk...:confused:

:lol: :confused:

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.