13 and 12 pins

6 replies to this topic
  • Oasis_Flame

Posted January 02, 2007 - 11:51 AM

Just a refresher, 13 pins is WR timing and 12 is YZ timing right boys. Old age, gotta love it. :lol:

• clark4131

Posted January 02, 2007 - 12:02 PM

Are you asking or telling? Either way, the info is in the FAQ's...SC

• silverlakerider

Posted January 03, 2007 - 09:28 AM

Are you asking or telling? Either way, the info is in the FAQ's...SC

He doesn't remember. Old guys!:lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Oasis_Flame

Posted January 03, 2007 - 11:38 AM

I'm asking, I could not find that info in the FAQ's. I decided to open up my motor after 4000 miles and peek inside. All is good, all numbers are there but I forgot how many chain pins there are between the cams for WR timing. I'm guessing 13.

Mr. silver had better get back to work and leave TT alone while on company time. Buttstain >:~)

DM

• silverlakerider

Posted January 03, 2007 - 11:45 AM

Mr. silver had better get back to work and leave TT alone while on company time. Buttstain >:~)

DM

I'm sittin' at home right now, you're the one at work wasting valuable company time. I'm tellin' Rotor on you.:lol:

• clark4131

Posted January 03, 2007 - 02:53 PM

I'm asking, I could not find that info in the FAQ's.

[COLOR="Blue"]WR400/426/450 Frequently Asked Questions[/COLOR]
Q: How many link pins are between the cam marks for YZ timing?
A: If you have a 400 or 426, you will need to rotate the exhaust cam sprocket 1 tooth clockwise at TDC. This will give you 12 pins between the marks, stock is 13. If you have a 450, you will need to buy a YZ exhaust cam as the rotation method does not work due to the decomp pin.

There it is :lol:...SC

• Oasis_Flame

Posted January 04, 2007 - 10:08 AM

Cool, Thanks Clark!

Gov. jobs, gotta love'em

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.