Is there something wrong with this?

4 replies to this topic
  • YZ426F Rider

Posted January 01, 2007 - 06:21 PM

I've read several threads about rerouting the breather tube to the airbox to prevent stalling in deep water crossings and they all seem to include tees, filters, etc. I just shoved the tube into the there a downside to doing this? :lol: I rode it the other day and nothing seemed awry and the filter and inside of the airbox seemed normal.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• 642MX

Posted January 01, 2007 - 08:04 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it. Just make sure your tank isn't pinching the hose.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 01, 2007 - 09:09 PM

I dont think anything is wrong with it. I basically did the same thing only I cut a whole just a hair smaller than the OD of the breather tube high in my air box, that way when I pull it through it stays and without pinching the tube. Works great for me. I did the fancy mod with the T's and "b.s." on my WR, I dont see any advantage to it.

• grayracer513

Posted January 01, 2007 - 09:34 PM

#4 there a downside to doing this?

This normally involves shortening the breather hose, which can encourage the breather to aspirate dust from the air box all the way into the engine more easily than in the stock position, and can result in breather oil getting into the air box.

By using a T and a simple filter at the air box end, both of these things can be mostly avoided.

• PK

Posted January 01, 2007 - 10:27 PM

I did what you did and to alleviate dust from getting sucked in I put some coarse foam over the end of the breather tube. You don't want to put anything too restricting because it will cause an increase in your crankcase pressure.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.