2006 WR450F - odometer accuracy?

5 replies to this topic
  • bcs

Posted January 01, 2007 - 01:09 AM

I did a dual sport ride yesterday, and my mileages all seemed to read long compared to the roll chart. I have 700 miles on the bike and still running the original front tire.
Have you found the odometer on this bike to be fairly accurate, or no? Thanks!

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted January 01, 2007 - 08:37 AM

I don't have the factory odometer anymore, instead I have a Trailtech endurance computer which has a built in odometer.

When I rode my last couple of enduro's, I noticed that my odometer was off as well. When I checked the standard settings, it stated a wheel circumference of 2205mm. Apparently, this is a standard measure wheel size for 21inch front rims.

However, I then marked the ground and rolled the wheel one revolution forward, I came up with 2089mm. With the trail tech, I can easily adjust the odometer to make it more accurate.

You should invest in a different odometer that you can calibrate.

• Fullbore4

Posted January 01, 2007 - 09:15 AM

You should invest in a different odometer that you can calibrate.

It tells in the manual how to adjust the OEM odometer for tire size, etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sandman76513

Posted January 01, 2007 - 12:11 PM

It tells in the manual how to adjust the OEM odometer for tire size, etc.

Sounds like yours may be off a bit, check the manual and verify your settings.

• bullybull9

Posted January 01, 2007 - 02:37 PM

I have an 06 wr and I don't see any where in the owners manual for instructions in how to use the odometer

• Fullbore4

Posted January 01, 2007 - 03:53 PM

I have an 06 wr and I don't see any where in the owners manual for instructions in how to use the odometer

In my owner's manual its from pages 1-14 to 1-23 and the means of setting tire diameter correction is on page 1-22.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.