Need to replace '07 front brake line. Should I just go OEM?

5 replies to this topic
  • Stupendous

Posted December 31, 2006 - 07:22 PM

I crashed my '07 SE today :lol: and my front brake line got cut so it needs to be replaced. I really haven't had issues with the stock brake so I was going to replace it with the OEM piece. Or is there a better option available? I'd rather not spend a lot.

Thanks

• 97chevy

Posted December 31, 2006 - 07:42 PM

Some poeple replace their stock line with a stainless steel braided one. Most people do this because the pressure in the line when applying the brakes doesn't expand the line. It provides a better brake feel. But i was thinking so there were between 60-80 dollars so thats why I don't have one! :lol:

• vpmx

Posted January 01, 2007 - 07:51 AM

The steel lines work much better and last. I use Ride Engineering and their site list them for $64.95 http://www.ride-engi...&pn=BL-01212-CL while the OEM runs higher in price from what I've seen listed at retail (i.e., over $80).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Drfletcherdc

Posted January 01, 2007 - 08:09 AM

Go with the stainless steel line but be prepared to be pumping for a while.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 01, 2007 - 09:35 AM

Go with the stainless steel line but be prepared to be pumping for a while.

until the air is bled out...Fastline and Galfer also make these brakelines...much better than stock...

• mx369

Posted January 02, 2007 - 08:57 AM

I had to but one for my 06 and my dealer hosed me for $97!!!!!!!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.