sterring stabilizer is it really helpful

9 replies to this topic
  • dwnlowx

Posted December 31, 2006 - 04:25 PM

i just bought one and did not notice that you have to run regular fat bars or pro tapers and triple clamps im just ready to return it i dont no what to do about all this how do you mount the dampners with twin walls and stock clamps on a 04 yz 450

• flintlock28

Posted December 31, 2006 - 04:58 PM

I guess it would only cost you $35 for the clamps, and $ 62 or so for the Contours.

You could get some oversize clamps that allow you to use Pro-Taper 1 1/8" bars. I use them on my 2004 Yz450f, just so I can run Pro-Taper Contours. They will give you additional clearance.

http://www.rockymoun...70&navType=type

• YZfamily

Posted December 31, 2006 - 09:12 PM

Definte advantage using a steering stabilizer, I use a GPR

• dwnlowx

Posted January 01, 2007 - 09:17 AM

i bought some dh1 billet triple clamps last night new years eve they are sweet this guy has every color and all bikes and here in town and he is in town crazy well now i gott em heres a pic

• TapptOut

Posted January 02, 2007 - 02:31 PM

i just bought one and did not notice that you have to run regular fat bars or pro tapers and triple clamps im just ready to return it i dont no what to do about all this how do you mount the dampners with twin walls and stock clamps on a 04 yz 450

I have the stock pro taper fat bars off an 06 yz450 that were never used. I will sell 2 u if you want them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tmauto69

Posted January 02, 2007 - 05:38 PM

How are you running TwinWalls that are 1 1/8" on stock 04 YZ 450 clamps that are 7/8" ? Or are you talking about the 7/8" Renthals that have the different color ends?

• jaymo

Posted January 02, 2007 - 05:52 PM

Just get Jimmy Button bend renthals. They are taller so you only need to slightly bend the crossbar up. Oversize adapters will not work as the bolt to bolt center of the bar clamps will not line up with the damper top bar mount holes (must be 4"). A damper is worth it's weight in gold in my opinion. Will never ride without one.

• dwnlowx

Posted January 04, 2007 - 02:40 AM

got it done and its sweet only rode for 20 min but it was fantastic i am so much faster in the turns its not even funny how much i needed a gpr and clamp setup its a whole nother bike thats for sure

• darrelatsheedy

Posted January 04, 2007 - 06:49 PM

I have taken my Scotts damper from my xr 600 to my wr426 to my now 540exc ktm and will not ride a bike without one!

• stillsun

Posted January 05, 2007 - 06:03 PM

Like everyone else has said, once you have seen how much easier and safer (but going faster) you can ride with one, you will never want to go back to riding without one.

J

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.