ZipTy Racing Carb mod?

11 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted December 31, 2006 - 11:15 AM

Has anyone had ZipTy Racing modify their carb? I see they have a new mod service for a 100.00 - what is it and what are the results?

• FOZZ

Posted December 31, 2006 - 06:11 PM

Good question ?

I got my carb off & want to do a few things since its off..

That AP mod confuses me :lol:

• Ga426owner

Posted January 01, 2007 - 08:21 AM

Good question ?

I got my carb off & want to do a few things since its off..

That AP mod confuses me :lol:

same here - I will call ZipTy tomorrow. The AP Mod is the other option

• flintlock28

Posted January 01, 2007 - 08:23 AM

Doesn't the AP mod only apply to the 426???

• ncmountainman

Posted January 01, 2007 - 08:39 AM

they do something to the emulsion tube orifice(make it bigger i beleive) for better atomization down low. they also have a special needle. and also offer a anodized alum hot start nipple. and something about a magnetic carb drain plug.:lol: the plug and nipple are extra though. tell them to wire your AP (someone told me JD has a special oval shaped oring for this,but i don't really know)and time it for optimum results,might as well set the float level while their in there:ride:

• Ga426owner

Posted January 01, 2007 - 09:34 AM

here are links for both as well as
Redbeards AP mod

http://www.ziptyraci...spx?id=MTUxOQ==

http://jdjetting.ser...page=1

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=374181

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FOZZ

Posted January 01, 2007 - 12:43 PM

Thanks Fellers,

Im gonna give them a call also & see what other stuff they can tune up..

• Ga426owner

Posted January 09, 2007 - 05:12 PM

I sent my carb to ZipTy last week ...it should be here by Friday - correctly set AP mod wired / duration squirt measured and emulsion tube added and pretested and few other tricks by the folks at ZipTy. They say 1.0 to 1.5 hp increase possibilities and a YZF carb that will not ever bog :lol:
I will test and report on this.... ZipTy folks were fantastic to deal with - and I learned some tips on Fuels and other
Steve @ ZipTy you are da man! :confused: :confused: :crazy:

• lastchild

Posted January 09, 2007 - 11:12 PM

I sent my carb to them a while ago...I've had it for a few months but have never reported the results due to the fact that I'd been riding mostly at altitude and was having trouble getting it jetted right. Yesterday I was finally able to ride it at a normal elevation...the things rips. The carb mods that Zip-TY did were spot on.
They wired the AP and changed the emulsion tube among other things. They didn't change the needle as someone else has posted...it's still the stocker. I also think they tinkered with the diaphram...there were a bunch of marks made with a sharpie around it. I can't say for sure...I just popped the carb in as soon as I got it...I really should have opened her up to see exactly what they did.
Not that it was lacking in power before, but now I really have to work to keep the front wheel down.
Very crisp.

• SUnruh

Posted January 10, 2007 - 05:45 AM

they install the Factory Pro jetting kit.

there is more too it than just an emulsion tube.

the carb had the plugged MAJ hole drilled out and a then tapped to accept a MAJ.

the new (thinner) needle then works with the new emulsion tube (which has 4 holes on a side, 180 degrees apart).

it is not worth the $100 for them to do it. well, except for if you screw it up you are out 600 for a new carb and if they screw it up, well, you get a new carb. so call it 100 towards insurance if you will. all the work takes 10 minutes to do. provided you measure everything 3 times over and re-read the instructions 3 times to ensure you are doing it correctly. serious pucker factor involved the 1st time you drill on a $600 carb.

the zip-ty price for the kit is less than what Factory Pro charges and the zip-ty kit with all the magnetic parts and nuts and stuff is a real bargin.

after the kit is installed, your MJ will drop in size about 12 steps. (ex 175 -> 142) due to the smaller needle diameter and greater atomization of the fuel.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 10, 2007 - 06:01 AM

they install the Factory Pro jetting kit.

there is more too it than just an emulsion tube.

the carb had the plugged MAJ hole drilled out and a then tapped to accept a MAJ.

the new (thinner) needle then works with the new emulsion tube (which has 4 holes on a side, 180 degrees apart).

it is not worth the $100 for them to do it. well, except for if you screw it up you are out 600 for a new carb and if they screw it up, well, you get a new carb. so call it 100 towards insurance if you will. all the work takes 10 minutes to do. provided you measure everything 3 times over and re-read the instructions 3 times to ensure you are doing it correctly. serious pucker factor involved the 1st time you drill on a $600 carb.

the zip-ty price for the kit is less than what Factory Pro charges and the zip-ty kit with all the magnetic parts and nuts and stuff is a real bargin.

after the kit is installed, your MJ will drop in size about 12 steps. (ex 175 -> 142) due to the smaller needle diameter and greater atomization of the fuel.

SUnruh - whats happening man? Thanks for chiming in on this - have you done this? I toyed with doing just the AP mod...but I think this is only part of what performance gains can be done to the carb. I spoke to a few and really liked what results the ZipTy mod gives....to me well worth a Cnote....I ain't drilling no carb.....:lol:
The mj drop 12 steps - is this for the CRF? They mentioned the jetting is a little diff for the red vs the blue. Anyway when I get it - I will see what jets they swapped and post this - They did tell me the NFLR needle for the Yami 06/07 is a little lean and to go back to the stock needle after this mod.

• lastchild

Posted January 10, 2007 - 02:47 PM

The needle is stock on my Zip-Ty modded carb.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.