any amsoil users

3 replies to this topic
  • Wyatt

Posted January 03, 2002 - 05:57 PM

Which oil are you using? 20w-50 v-twin or the 10w-40

• Ronin

Posted January 04, 2002 - 05:41 AM

I use amsoil 10-40 in my WR, never use 20-50 in a non roller bearing engine. The 20-50 is designed especially for Harley-Davidson powerplants. The oil needs to have some added friction so that the races do not spin on the carrier or so that the roller bearings do not stall and create a flat spot on the surface of the bearing. by the way, the reason for not using yamalube in my WR is because my local Yamaha dealer never has yamalube in stock. I do however use 20-50 weight Mobile 1 V-Twin oil in both my buells.

later,
Ronin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ronin

Posted January 04, 2002 - 05:43 AM

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: Ronin ]

• Tom_Rowlee

Posted January 06, 2002 - 04:28 AM

I use mobil 1 15/50 in my 98wr400 works grate. It's the best thing going , a the big thumper makes a lot of heat and needs somthing that can take it and not cook away . It also seams to be the oil that's used in most big thumpers . I use mobil 1 in a 88 gold wing to , i have over a hundred thousand on it with that stuff .

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.