• locktite

Posted December 30, 2006 - 11:04 AM

which pipe would be best for an 07 yzf 450
please help

• 700MX

Posted December 30, 2006 - 11:51 AM

which pipe would be best for an 07 yzf 450
please help

Figure out the area of power you want to improve, do a forum seach, sift through the BS and you will find a lot of info on this.

I have tried most on the 07, and liked most the yosh full ti system

• red7

Posted December 30, 2006 - 11:07 PM

I've been researching pipes as well and think I'll be going with the MRD. Under $400 for the full systems and Dave will custom tune the pipe depending upon how you want to alter the stock powerband. The guy will want to talk with you directly to get some info so that he can design the right head pipe for your needs....talk about service! Heck, rather then making a sale, he actually talked me out of buying a pipe until I have more experience with the bike and no exactly how I want it.

• ouelto

Posted December 31, 2006 - 06:32 AM

put a drd

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 31, 2006 - 12:29 PM

put a drd

I love how people throw on Dr. D's just because that's what everyone else does. Why would you want to spend more money for an off the shelf exhaust when Dave at MRD will custom tune one based on your input, offer an unheard of warranty and has the best customer service out there? Go ahead and put on the Dr. D if you want to do what everyone else does, but if you want an exhaust that does exactly what you need it to do, go with an MRD.

• twenty34

Posted December 31, 2006 - 04:06 PM

I love how people throw on Dr. D's just because that's what everyone else does. Why would you want to spend more money for an off the shelf exhaust when Dave at MRD will custom tune one based on your input, offer an unheard of warranty and has the best customer service out there? Go ahead and put on the Dr. D if you want to do what everyone else does, but if you want an exhaust that does exactly what you need it to do, go with an MRD.

I love how ppl are aggessively pushing MRD on this forum? I've never even heard of an MRD until I came here. I'm sure it works wonders, but from a risk and credability perspective, DRD has an impeccable reputation not only as a pipe builder, but as a rider as well. He backs what he puts on his own bikes and is pretty close to the factory Yamaha teams. I think his operation is pretty credible. I'm really surprised that you would question the DR in favor of an unknown. I'm not so sure your points on doing what everyone else does, best customer service and "custom tuning" are selling me at this point. I'm sure the MRD's are fine however.

D. :lol:

• dwnlowx

Posted December 31, 2006 - 04:30 PM

Go With A Fmf Factory 4.1 Anodized And A Mega Bong Header

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yfz450kid

Posted January 01, 2007 - 12:11 PM

i have a fmf factory 4 on mine and its awesome.. it adds a lot more power

• 97chevy

Posted January 01, 2007 - 03:07 PM

Go With A Fmf Factory 4.1 Anodized And A Mega Bong Header

Where do you get one of these??:lol:

• 97chevy

Posted January 01, 2007 - 03:09 PM

Anyways I'd recommend a white brothers alum. pro 2. I had one on my 250f's and they were way better than stock. It was even better than the pro circuit t-4 which my buddy has.

• dbrownyz450f

Posted January 01, 2007 - 06:58 PM

i have a carbon fiber yoshi comp series and my 450 is getting 53 hp at the back wheel but i have other mods but i think the pipe gives me about 3 or 4 hp it does not sound like a lot but you can tell the difference

• aford541

Posted January 01, 2007 - 07:08 PM

Dr D if you are looking for a deal or a Yosh if you want the best.

• red7

Posted January 04, 2007 - 01:39 AM

I love how ppl are aggessively pushing MRD on this forum? I've never even heard of an MRD until I came here. I'm sure it works wonders, but from a risk and credability perspective, DRD has an impeccable reputation not only as a pipe builder, but as a rider as well. He backs what he puts on his own bikes and is pretty close to the factory Yamaha teams. I think his operation is pretty credible. I'm really surprised that you would question the DR in favor of an unknown. I'm not so sure your points on doing what everyone else does, best customer service and "custom tuning" are selling me at this point. I'm sure the MRD's are fine however.

D. :lol:

You may be right but even Dubach was a small company at one point and that didn't mean his product wasn't good. Dave is actually very well known in the racing industry and does ridiculous things when it comes to getting huge hp gains in anything with an engine.

• grayracer513

Posted January 04, 2007 - 10:13 AM

i have a carbon fiber yoshi comp series and my 450 is getting 53 hp at the back wheel but i have other mods but i think the pipe gives me about 3 or 4 hp it does not sound like a lot but you can tell the difference

3 or 4 not only sounds like a lot, it sounds unrealistic. 2.5 is the biggest increase at peak that I remember having seen on any YZ450, and that particular pipe narrowed the power curve rather dramatically. Also, there is the fact that a stock '06 produces 49-50, so, differences in dynos notwithstanding, unless your other mods cost you a couple, your pipe could not have given you 4 hp.

Where and over how large a range power is added is generally more important to lowering MX lap times and making a dirt bike usable/rideable than raw peak increases are, particularly with a bike already as strong as the big YZF.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.