New Owner

7 replies to this topic
  • TXSASQUATCH

Posted December 30, 2006 - 01:23 AM

Hey guys and gals, heard about this site from several folks/I was the reciepiant of a 04 YZ450F w/less than 30 hrs!!!!! I have a lot of backfiring on deceleration..Any ideas,any help appreciated, also can anyone suggest a good stiff spring for a heavy rider?

• georgedoggy

Posted December 30, 2006 - 01:46 AM

check the sticky section of this forum, im sure there is a section on backfiring on 450's and how to fix it. im pretty sure its because your bike
is running lean.

as for the spring, im 250 pounds and i ordered the stiffest spring i could get! ask around and find out what guys your weight are using, it might be trial and error as ifound. i have gone thru 3 rear springs to find the right one.

• BergArabia

Posted December 30, 2006 - 02:07 AM

yeah do like George says.
I think a little backfiring on decel is pretty normal.
If it is excessive you may be a little lean on the main jet.
Oh BTW the header will glo but it is supposed to do that.
don't leave the bike idling too long.
Enjoy. You have a great bike...:lol:

• TXSASQUATCH

Posted December 30, 2006 - 02:26 AM

It Has A M4 Exhaust And Does It Glow, Man That Bugar Gets Hot.. Thasnks For The Input

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TXSASQUATCH

Posted December 30, 2006 - 02:27 AM

Thanks For The Input

• capfo

Posted December 30, 2006 - 08:24 AM

What part of TX are you in?

• Bigcr

Posted December 30, 2006 - 09:27 AM

If it's really popping a lot, check the pipe itself and make sure there are no leaks at the head or where the head-pipe meets the silencer. As far as springs go, check www.race-tech.com or www.mx-tech.com and use their spring rate calculators. Be sure to get the matching front springs as well.

• red7

Posted December 30, 2006 - 11:09 PM

Congrats on the new bike! Start by going up a main jet size and see how that effects things.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.