Yamaha Air Filter

7 replies to this topic
  • crfrookie

Posted December 29, 2006 - 07:03 PM

I was wondering if all yz air filters are universal? Reason that I ask is because I bought a Twin Air Filter and it says that it will fit a yz125 97-06 and yz450f 03-05. I have an 06 yz450f and was wondering if it will work? I could open the package, but I figured that I would ask first. Thanks.

• KJ790

Posted December 29, 2006 - 07:05 PM

Yes, it will fit. All the yamaha's (two stroke and four stroke) have used the same filter for years. I is pretty nice in my opinion.

• 642MX

Posted December 29, 2006 - 08:06 PM

The filter also fits a RM250.

• YZ_Abuser

Posted December 29, 2006 - 09:19 PM

I was wondering if all yz air filters are universal? Reason that I ask is because I bought a Twin Air Filter and it says that it will fit a yz125 97-06 and yz450f 03-05. I have an 06 yz450f and was wondering if it will work? I could open the package, but I figured that I would ask first. Thanks.

They will all swap. The one difference I recall is the 96 model didn't have the locating pin for the filter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted December 30, 2006 - 01:38 PM

Yes, it will fit. All the yamaha's (two stroke and four stroke) have used the same filter for years. I is pretty nice in my opinion.

not that it matters in this application but i beleive the WR's are a different filter than YZ.

• KJ790

Posted December 30, 2006 - 02:36 PM

That could be, I meant to say that the YZ's all had the same filter.

• tmauto69

Posted December 30, 2006 - 05:12 PM

RMZ 450 filter fits as well

• red7

Posted December 30, 2006 - 11:02 PM

not that it matters in this application but i beleive the WR's are a different filter than YZ.

I think you're right NC. I was going to keep some of the extra filters from my WR to use on my new YZ but was told they are different.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.