650L suspension

5 replies to this topic
  • underwatersimon

Posted December 29, 2006 - 10:10 AM

Ok, I can live with the rear but I'm hopeful there is something I can do to the front. Considering new springs. Any advice will be greatly apreciated.

• CTXr650L

Posted December 29, 2006 - 10:20 AM

I'm getting ready to switch over to inverted forks on mine, i'll let you know how it works out... nice pics in your garage btw, looks like some nice riding areas.

• underwatersimon

Posted January 01, 2007 - 01:29 PM

Thanks, I'll be sure to check back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chpxr

Posted January 01, 2007 - 01:49 PM

underwatersimon what is it with the front that you don't like so we can offer more help and point you in the right direction to fix the problem:prof: :lol:

• underwatersimon

Posted January 03, 2007 - 09:34 AM

They are just sorta mushy I guess, Going to put higher bars on first and see how that feels.

Sorry, they seem to go up fairly abruptly at times and don't seem to be comming down at an appropriate rate. Forks have a single compression dampening screw on the bottom. I am @200lbs. and will gladly suffer on the pavement if it means more managable on the trail. I will continue to adjust/experiment but was mainly wondering if anyone has considered or completed a similar mod and how it works. I do have a suspension tuning company in my area but I'd like to have some sortof idea whats available before I walk through there door.

• rebelventurer

Posted January 03, 2007 - 04:13 PM

Check this out, http://www.racetech....lish/mctype.asp
I changed to a 15w fork oil and put 2 cc more in each leg and am not running any air in them, two clicks out from full firm on the compression screws.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.